An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is Fantasy As Bad As Drug Abuse?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

....and yet nothing.  Wow.  this is my shocked face.  You can't get me banned.  Haha on you.

Why would anyone want to ban you?

No, it's actually not. Who died and made you king?

And I do get the joke, I don't find it funny, and I will keep responding thusly with the fact I can do whatever I want in response. And you can stop yelling, it's overkill.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

If the story is a myth then it is a lie

Ooh Tab, what a sad way of looking at the world. :( Some of the most profound truths are communicated by myth.

Have we said something amiss?

I think he has a chip of some kind on his shoulder...he has spent most of his time here up until this point making posts of a similar nature...

OBEY! OBEY! OBEY!

http://youtu.be/O2uFnQKlXK8

I think this belongs in the Pope Francis interview debate. 

Edited by Norseman82

I believe i am correct, but unfortunately i think that my delivery may be wrong, hence why i must go on a journey soon to find the right words that bring life.

Careful, Tab, otherwise the journey you go on will involve men in white coats...

MarysLittleFlower

To the OP:

Just to clarify, are you talking about stories that are based on a lie?

What if they're fictional but exist to tell a truth, like a parable? for example they have fictional characters but it's to say something about God. I think parables are okay but not if they point to a lie. I agree that much of entertainment nowadays contains a lie. Just something to discern about I guess! I know Jesus used parables so they must be okay. I think you're talking about something else though. Could you clarify perhaps? :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab, you are really not good at asking questions.

Well, you are prolific at it, but not good at it.

"So,  [Completely made up opinion i pass off as settled fact], why? "

"Because [more made up stuff, the end]"

"discuss, answer my already settled question".

Fantasy/make believe is not worse than drug addiction, though i think you would need a good bit of both in order to come up with such an opinion.

I don't think i said worse, i said similar. And this reminds me of what i was thinking about. Get this, Entertainment so readily excessible and it's effects on family units can only be likened to lets say in the old days when you had an alcoholic father and the mother had to work day and night sewing and stuff 7 days a week to make ends meet, which equalled no mother and no father, mother busy father drunk.  Most or half people are sitting infront of the t.v. like drunks in the bar, instead of solving there own problems and helping to solve others problems. They may all goto work, but there only mainly,working,entertainment and shopping. Now work is ok but it only solves money problems not all problems.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Ooh Tab, what a sad way of looking at the world. :( Some of the most profound truths are communicated by myth.

Myths are lies. The greek gods are lies, the roman gods are lies, there myths. That's what i'm told to believe anyway and i do. And holy scripture says " all myths will come to an end." search it!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

drasticaly reduce your entertainment intake/moderate it and spread that truth and you will start to see major changes in your nation, it is the biggest and worst habbit in the u.s and australia to possibly. To bit red and blue moderation in the nation oooo. You can't solve the worlds problems or your own in front of the box, oh but we pay people to do that, not good enough, common/ordinary unpaid people need to be involved hands and brains and tounges on in the problem solving.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye