An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Think There Should Be A Vatican 3 ?

AccountDeleted

Third Vatican Council?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

I hate it when people say "I could care less." That means you care about it a little bit. If you mean that you don't care about it, say "I couldn't care less.", because "couldn't" is short for "could not".

There is my rant about phrases for the day.

Edited by FuturePriest387

I hate it when people say "I could care less." That means you care about it a little bit. If you mean that you don't care about it, say "I couldn't care less.", because "couldn't" is short for "could not".

There is my rant about phrases for the day.

geekmilk.gif

well the debate table has been rather downturned for a while (and the glitchyness isn't helping), it does need new lifeblood... however, just like how in political discourse people tend to ignore the anarchists, generally religious debates will ignore a position like yours, just the way it is mate... you generally need a common frame of reference for a debate and a position like yours tends to completely re-defines all the terms to the point that we'd just be two ships passing in the night... not saying it's impossible for a meaningful debate, but it's generally only something people with extreme levels of patience and motivation would bother with.  you'd have had more luck a few years ago, though I'm sure eventually the pendulum will swing again and the debate will be more active.

well the debate table has been rather downturned for a while . . . it does need new lifeblood . . . 

The present situation does make the LittleLes / Budge era at the Debate Table look like a Golden Age.

Smoke-of-Satan-Has-Entered-the-Church.pn

The only reason to convene a new council of the Roman Church would be in order to get rid of banal liturgies like the one depicted in the picture above.