An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Think There Should Be A Vatican 3 ?

AccountDeleted

Third Vatican Council?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could say the same thing of the radical conservatives...OH WAIT. 

:saint2:  :hehe2:

"Radical conservative" is an oxymoron.

PhuturePriest

Why Vatican III? Why not something that sounds more exciting like The Council of Jerusalem? There might be certain dangers associated with that, but it's the name that counts.

lol, well if you're going to go for a dangerous location, I'd recommend Constantinople V :cyclops:.  as I said, I think the only thing worth convening a council for is the reunification of East and West.  of course that'd be quite dangerous... any chance of doing it in Moscow?

perhaps as a sign of good will the Pope could not attend, just send representatives, as a sign that we want to bring back the unity of the First Millenium and the Pope does not want to be any kind of stumbling block to that unity.  that would be quite a statement.  anyway, I'd say you have all the major patriarchs and also the pope convene the council with a statement that declares that unless unity is reached, no documents at all will be promulgated and it will not be an ecumenical council at all.

A Council in Bozeman, Montana, would be cool, because that is where first contact with the Vulcans is going to be made by Zephram Cochrane in 2063.

AccountDeleted
Nihil Obstat
LouisvilleFan

Long as they do it right. You know, more "Return of the Jedi" and "Back to the Future III," not so much "Godfather III."

Do you think that there should be a Third Vatican Council any time soon? When?

And if there were to be one, do you think the outcomes would favor the liberals or the conservatives in the Church?

This article discusses the topic   Those Who Dream of a Third Vatican Council.

The Roman Catholic Church as an institution is dying. For centuries anything of a spiritual or deeper nature in Christianity was crushed by the Church authority. Anything that suggested a direct and immediate connection to God not dependent on the sacramental system was judged a threat needing to be removed. All that remained was the exoteric shell of doctrine and ritual and eventually even their significance wore away. It's a sign of spiritual bankruptcy when the sole aim of some groups is to restore and retain traditional formulas and signs of worship when the esoteric nature of these practices and beliefs has been lost. In the end, there is no council that can fix the problem we are facing before us. It is the death of but one more of man's attempts to monopolize and control the Divine among us.