An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are Atheists So Obsessed With Christians?

KnightofChrist

Here's the definition of the word Religion from the Oxford Dictionary

noun

[mass noun]

• the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:ideas about the relationship between science and religion
  •  [count noun] a particular system of faith and worship:the world’s great religions
  •  [count noun] a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion:consumerism is the new religion

Oxford dictionary on the word Atheist

noun
  • a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods:he is a committed atheist

I didn't say it was a belief system. You said that non-belief isn't a belief. I pointed out that it was, nothing more.

Yeh I'm right it's not a belief. It's a non belief or a disbelief.

I'm going to be frank here. All i've seen in this forum is catholics arguiing semantics and twisting meanings and words to make them feel happy that their child molesting, warped church is right.. If you don't understand plain logic and english then you shouldn't even have a pet let alone be advising people about moral and ethical issues.

The funniest thing I saw was one of the catholics saying "well child molestation isn't as bad in the catholic church as it is in public". That is soooo shameful.

KnightofChrist

Yeh I'm right it's not a belief. It's a non belief or a disbelief.

If one believes there is no God, then that is a disbelief in God, but it is still a belief, be it a belief that God does not exist, it is still a belief. Belief does not always mean one believes in something. It can be also be a "conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence." Positive Atheism can in fact be a lot like a religion, because many atheists do not simply not believe in God (negative atheism) they make it an ideology to which they are devoted.

I'm going to be frank here. All i've seen in this forum is catholics arguiing semantics and twisting meanings and words to make them feel happy that their child molesting, warped church is right.. If you don't understand plain logic and english then you shouldn't even have a pet let alone be advising people about moral and ethical issues.

The funniest thing I saw was one of the catholics saying "well child molestation isn't as bad in the catholic church as it is in public". That is soooo shameful.

If by frank you mean, overly simplistic and omitting a lot of what was said, as well as truth, then yes you are very frank.

So not believing in god makes me a believer??... I'm only a believer in atheism... hahaha talk about beating around the bush. I think too much verse has addled your train of thought.

KnightofChrist

So not believing in god makes me a believer??... I'm only a believer in atheism... hahaha talk about beating around the bush. I think too much verse has addled your train of thought.

You belief God doesn't exist, that is a belief, you believe the existence of the universe is not due to God's creation, that is a belief.

KnightofChrist

Believing that God is false is still a belief. To hold an option for or against something is a belief.

ZOMG YOU'VE SHAKEN MY BELIEF SYSTEM TO THE CORE I CAN NO LONGER DENY THE TRUTH. THERE IS NO GOD. YOU ARE RIGHT. HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN BLIND FOR SO LONG?!?!

Look at the previous posts. It was implying coz I don't believe I still have a belief. As in a religious belief.

It's quite simple really. I have a disbelief not a belief. That's it, period, full stop. Why use the word belief lol.... Coz it's a little ambiguous when talking about religion.

Why use belief when the word disbelief will do. Bloody fools u lot

KnightofChrist

Look at the previous posts. It was implying coz I don't believe I still have a belief.

You do, and it is in fact a belief.

As in a religious belief.

It's quite simple really. I have a disbelief not a belief. That's it, period, full stop. Why use the word belief lol.... Coz it's a little ambiguous when talking about religion.

Why use belief when the word disbelief will do. Bloody fools u lot

It is possible to have a religious devotion to something that isn't a religion. Some people make devotion to sports a kind of religion, Elvis fans sometimes make their fandom a kind of religion, and some atheists make atheism a kind of religion. The point being made is that atheist ideology can become something that the person that holds to those beliefs are the things that they give the most worth to, and it becomes the meaning of their existence.

Someone that cannot properly spell English should call others fools. Edited by KnightofChrist

PhuturePriest

I believe that there is fish in a can of tuna. Yes it's a belief but it's not a belief system. There's a massive difference between a belief and a religion (a belief system)

Your faith has led you astray.

tuna-can-on-lawn.jpg