An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Fact That There Is No God

CatholicsAreKewl

True, though there must be at least a reason to believe. Have you any evidence of trolls?

They exist in human culture. If they didn't exist, where would that idea have come from? Obviously they exist.

;-)

• 3 months later...
HOW DO BELIEVERS COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD

Let's have a good balanced debate about this. 

When they become blind and see that faith is not the reason to believe.

southern california guy

The real question is: How does everyone come to terms with the fact that I'm so much hotter than them?

I won't name names but I think there are at least a few people, on this forum, who are struggling with that issue.

• 1 year later...

Let's have a good balanced debate about this. ​

Pascal's wager? 

Edited by Didacus

Not The Philosopher

The real question is: how do believers come to terms with thread necromancers?

The real question is: how do believers come to terms with thread necromancers?

​i'm just trying to catch up - and now i'm accused of necromancy!   Ah! Am I going to burned at the stake again?

no.. not if you get me my didacorp t shirt... and don't tell me you don't have my size... I saw Jaime with one on the other day.

I sent one one months ago! What are you doing: did you change address recently?

PM me your mailing box, size, colour and amount of holes you need and *sigh* I'll send you another.  

this is a bit like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown when he goes to kick it.  FINE!  I will pm you AGAIN

Most civilized people don't. The civilized way is to hire people to do it for you.

​Well, there's a point.  However, to require a belief that there's a God who's going to send you to hell to keep you from bad deeds implies that you are not a moral person.

I have known Believers that are vicious and nasty. Most of the people I know are unbelievers and are good and moral.  Anyone belonging to a church can tell you about the vicious backbiting present within.

There is no incentive to believe.  Evolution and modern physics answers most questions about the universe.   If you don't want to stop at the Big Bang, but ask, "Who created that?",  and the answer is "God", then the next question is, "Who or what created God?" 

And how do you  get from the creator behind the Big Bang to, say, the apparitions at Fatima?