An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Obscure Misogyny In The Bible?

Winchester

well at least your coming around,, admitting there was misogyny in the bible....the only thing you have wrong is.... it wasn't obscure ;)

I vote Winchester in charge of dealing with all atheist trolls.  

It's disingenuous to label people trolls when they post topics you don't agree with....but I guess it's just easier for you to ignore the things you don't like ....perpetual ignorance..

Basilisa Marie

It's disingenuous to label people trolls when they post topics you don't agree with....but I guess it's just easier for you to ignore the things you don't like ....perpetual ignorance..

Having fun? :)  

Basilisa Marie

Not bad! I'm currently try to write a paper about the state of due process in the Catholic Church in US for my canon law class.  It's mildly depressing and heavily boring, but entirely necessary.  

I vote Winchester in charge of dealing with all atheist trolls.  

Winchester's been in charge of dealing with trolls (of all persuasions) since long before you came here.

I wouldn't go into church and start talking about my atheism. But websites are different. The door is open to everyone if that's what it states on the registration. I do believe atheism is a choice when you pull down the drop down box labelled religion.

By the way, Atheism isn't a religion. If it was then 'Off' would be a TV channel

well at least your coming around,, admitting there was misogyny in the bible....the only thing you have wrong is.... it wasn't obscure ;)

I admit nothing. I am Catholic, so I don't read the bible.

I admit nothing. I am Catholic, so I don't read the bible.

then how are you supposed to know what your god wants you to do?  or do you just listen to a man who was voted into his postion by his peers? :)

then how are you supposed to know what your god wants you to do?  or do you just listen to a man who was voted into his postion by his peers? :)

I go by feel. But I'm pretty damned wise.

yeah im sure you are a regular Buddha on the moutaintop...

No, I just accept the fact that we create our realities. The mystery is how all these realities coincide enough to keep us alive.

Assuming we're not all part of a simulation.

No, I just accept the fact that we create our realities. The mystery is how all these realities coincide enough to keep us alive.

Assuming we're not all part of a simulation.

you sound more like a mystic.