An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis On Women's Role In The Church

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/popes-women-in-the-church-remarks-urge-a-deeper-theology/

He noted that the existence of a male-only priesthood does not diminish the role of women, adding that the “Virgin Mary was more important than the apostles and bishops and deacons and priests,” and that the feminine Church, as the Bride of Christ “is more important than the bishops and priests.”

“This is what we should try to explain better,” Pope Francis said.

Love the man!  And precisely, re a deeper grasp of our Catholic theology is what is needed and I can't wait for "we should try to explain better" when it comes out if it does of course.  Well, if I can understand, it sure aint rocket science! ......and that is a real fact!  I did speak for half an hour on Women's Role in The Church in an assembly here in Adelaide some years back and spoke my mind.  When I finished, I literally raced for the nearest bus stop and a cigarette.

It is because the feminine in The Church and in Scripture is so important that the role of women in The Church is so important and does not challenge at all our theology and what The Church does teach - and under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit.

I did have a big smile when I read a couple of Ashley McGuire's comments - in fact a giggle...........perhaps a little more than that rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

God bless - Barb