An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confession Pages?

Tufsoles

So I am seeing this trend of "confession pages" on facebook and allover the internet. Alot of the stories I see on these pages are a bit scandalous or raunchy. Some of them are down right mean too.I pose this question to you all. Are these pages considered gossip?

Nihil Obstat

Gossip certainly, I should think. Even beyond that, the people posting some of the worse stories may be guilty of scandal in some/many cases, and in general I think pages like that present an occasion of sin to quite a few people.

Nihil Obstat

I do not think much good can come from either writing on or reading pages like those.

http://www.postsecret.com/

It is heart-breaking to read some of these "confessions". Mostly because they come from hurting, broken, wounded people. 

edit: 

all i think people really want is an understanding ear. too many lonely, wounded, hurting people who are suicidal or on the brink of it, but no one to talk to. people have important things they guard in their hearts, but no one who will listen. so they send in postcards, or "whisper" secrets, in hopes that they will find someone who listens and understands. 

Edited by Lil Red

Nihil Obstat

I have never herd of this. Are people telling everyone there sins on Facebook?

The ones with which I am familiar are more like anonymous bulletin boards where people share their "dirty secrets", which they generally do not regard as sinful.