An Old School Catholic Message Board

Isn't Raising Taxes Necessary For The Financial Well Being Of The

dairygirl4u2c

Funny, you think you know what goes on in my spare time.  Oh. wait, you were just trying to be difficult.  Gotcha

Sorry, I assumed due to your shrill support of the starving children that you did feed them. I was complimenting you.

havok579257

Sorry, I assumed due to your shrill support of the starving children that you did feed them. I was complimenting you.

no mr government worker, you were not.

no mr government worker, you were not.

Yes I was. I thought you were a compassionate person who fed kids, and didn't just pat himself on the back after spending 15 minutes that the polling locations like so many other voting booth Mother Theresas, and wanted to acknowledge your deep involvement in solving societal ills.

Edited by Winchester

dairygirl4u2c

arguing about starving children isn't much of an issue in our country.  in the USA we are very blessed and people do no starve to death, almost always. there is some malnurisment going on, but for the most part if you need food, there's food stamps. is two hundred a month enough to live off if you make nothing or next to nothing? yes.

food stamps program accounts for only a couple percent of our federal budget. it's not a big deal. not worth arguing about.

we do live in a country where people die because they do not have access to  basic health care services, however. if we run the system like other countries, we can reduce costs for everyone, while at the same time offering health care to everyone. it is a travesty that people must die because of something so basic and what should and can be easily affordable. all it takes is a smart person doing usually cheap stuff.... all which we have ample supply of. this isn't even about scarcity. this is a system that has designed it self to let people die, for services that should be considered basic necessities. we can argue all day about reducing costs in other places by reducing services completely, but this shouldnt be one of them. moral and economic reasons.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c