An Old School Catholic Message Board

Plan B - Safe As Milk

add

Feds to allow pills to be sold over the counter to minors who accidentally conceive

I may be naive, but how does this kind of thing happen by accident?

ToJesusMyHeart

Breaking news last night - the Obama Administration will allow children of all ages access to the morning after pill over the counter.

Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards boasts it's "a(sic) historic moment for women’s health and equity."

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/11/obama-admin-oks-morning-after-pill-for-young-girls-sexual-predators/

CatholicsAreKewl

Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards boasts it's "a(sic) historic moment for women’s health and equity."

why did you sic this?

Nihil Obstat

Presumably whoever transcribed the quote has decided that "an historical" is the only correct way of saying it.

Basilisa Marie

Feds to allow pills to be sold over the counter to minors who accidentally conceive

I may be naive, but how does this kind of thing happen by accident?

Kids are young and dumb, they don't make good decisions all the time.  They might not use contraception and just hope for the best.  Or get caught up in the heat of the "romantic" moment and have sex even though they hadn't planned on it.  Or a girl "borrows" some birth control pills from her friend and it's not the right dosage.  Or she's on the pill but doesn't take it regularly.  Or a condom breaks. Or someone gets pressured into having sex, or thinks they can't get pregnant the first time they have sex, or can't get pregnant a certain number of days after their period (using a botched version of the "rhythm method" instead of the much more accurate and scientific fertility awareness methods the Church endorses).  

You'd think that people who are supposedly all about sexual autonomy and openness would encourage kids to have conversations with their parents about sex, not hide their sex lives from their parents, not hide their use of emergency contraception from their parents.  Do kids KNOW how absolutely brutal it is to use emergency contraception? Probably not, especially if they're trying to hide it from their parents. You expect severe cramping, lots of bleeding, among other things.  It's just despicable that certain lobbies think it's more important to send a screw you to parents who don't think their kids should be having sex than to make sure that kids are being safe and making good choices and getting the support they need when they screw up.  

And when a bunch of girls start dying from taking this, it will be the evil pharmaceutical company's fault and Planned Parenthood will skip merrily along their way, feigning outrage and profiting even more from death.  How convenient.

Life is so easy for the Godless....

Nihil Obstat

Plan b definitely tastes better than milk.

Milk is delicious. Plan B must taste divine.

ToJesusMyHeart

Plan B must taste divine.

I'm sure Satan thinks so.  :unsure:

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

Life is so easy for the Godless....

I was discussing this with my friend the other night.

The Godless might indeed have a (secularly-speaking) "easier" life now, but if they remain Godless as they are now...the next life, the one for eternity, won't be easy for them at all. YOEF, after all.