An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spitting Out Food, And Masturbation

dairygirl4u2c

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

sure there are some dissimilarities. but it's the similarities that strike at the essence of why masturbation and spitting out food are sinful or not. 

that's why three good catholics in a row just said it's sinful. it sounds like the "yeas" have it over the "nays". at least if they think it's sinful for the same reasons as mastubation, which it looks ilke is probably the case here mostly. 

Spitting out food and masturbating . . . about as intelligent and constructive as a dairy poll.

Edited by Socrates

dairygirl4u2c

i guess it should be said if it's not already known, im not so much trying to say that spitting out food is sinful, in this context. i'm moreso trying to point out that a little indulgence isn't such a bad thing, both with spitting food out and masturbation. im sure making this statement would cause some to go a little higher octane in showing that spitting food out is wrong, so as to undermine my premises, and thereby, by conclusions.

dairygirl4u2c

folks of the world would actually view it the opposite of what is viewed here... "oh no masturbation is wrong, spitting out food? psh, odd and petty squabbling about the issues" is what is more prevalent here. the world "nothin wrong with masturbation it's natural. spitting out food on the other hand...."

kinda ironic

it does kind of throw a wrench in all the people who have been trying to point out the dissimilarities in the anaogies. it might be better for them to openly say spitting out food is a sin. 

but, as is often done by me, i am trying to get people to think fresh about topics without religious preconceptions, and to expose how their ideas actually kinda work against them. 

fides' Jack

Dairy girl, as usual, you don't understand my point.  I agree that both are sinful - but I'm arguing that they're sinful for different reasons - not the same reasons, as you seem to think.  The mental attitudes of the sinner being equal, one act is simply wasteful, the other is a direct violation against the 6th or 9th commandments, or both.

You have no understanding of Catholic morality, and yet you try to prove it wrong daily.  Why?

dairygirl4u2c

most people wouldnt think it's wrong just because it's wasteful of food. there's natural functions and other things wrong with it. 

even if they are not the same, they are least arguably the same. this is merely theological inquieries etc reasoning from current doctrine, philosophizing. it doesn't mean i know nothing of catholic doctrne. i'm doing just as well in these debates currently. in fact in past debates, i was the one correcting you on papal infallibility, for example. i'd guess you are just resentful for those sort of stuff, and how much i tend to have to correct you. 

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Dairy girl, as usual, you don't understand my point.  I agree that both are sinful - but I'm arguing that they're sinful for different reasons - not the same reasons, as you seem to think.  The mental attitudes of the sinner being equal, one act is simply wasteful, the other is a direct violation against the 6th or 9th commandments, or both.

You have no understanding of Catholic morality, and yet you try to prove it wrong daily.  Why?

What on God's green earth is prompting you to try to drag  this particular discussion on, when it is one of the most ridiculous threads started by dairy (at least in the top 5, if you count the four gun control threads as one) ever.

Why? Why can't you just let it die?!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Let's put it this way -

Do you actually KNOW anyone who only chews food for the taste and then spits it out? I know kids who spit out food because they don't like the taste, but I don't know anyone who chews food for taste and then spits it out to avoid the caloric consequences."

Yes I do know someone who does that (I know, it's weird), but also if you look it up, it's an eating disorder.

Regardless, this is a completely bizarre topic... lol

fides' Jack

What on God's green earth is prompting you to try to drag  this particular discussion on, when it is one of the most ridiculous threads started by dairy (at least in the top 5, if you count the four gun control threads as one) ever.

Why? Why can't you just let it die?!

You're right.  I just get upset as she constantly takes a quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia or the Catechism, then misrepresents it in order to prove gibberish.  It's dangerous for those who don't know better.  I guess it helps that it's hard to understand anything she says, anyway.

I keep forgetting about the post-reporting feature.  From now on if I spot her doing that I'll report her post and expect the mods to simply delete them.

Edited by fides' Jack