An Old School Catholic Message Board

Alcohol Is The Mother Of All Sins!

Anastasia13

Indeed. Back when I used to drink quite a bit, I drank sugary girly things and you drink way more because it just feels like you're drinking juice or soda or something. It's very easy to get quite drunk without really noticing. 

Very true.  Which is why I only drink one and call it quits.  But they're soooo good   :cheers:

Chestertonian

Olde English 800 cause that's my brand

Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or can

RCIA ~ Class of 09

Eric your breath smells!

Dr. Bombay

Maybe I'm an oddball but I've never gotten drunk without noticing.  That would have kinda made the whole exercise pointless.

Worst day of my life was when they stopped making Zima.  Misty water colored memories.... :cry4:

Nihil Obstat

Maybe I'm an oddball but I've never gotten drunk without noticing.  That would have kinda made the whole exercise pointless.

Worst day of my life was when they stopped making Zima.  Misty water colored memories.... :cry4:

Normally I have a very clear sense of how much I have had. But that is partially because normally I only drink straight Scotch, or craft beer. ;)

Dr. Bombay

Normally I have a very clear sense of how much I have had. But that is partially because normally I only drink straight Scotch, or craft beer. ;)

Scotch is Presbyterian.  My motto is, never drink heretic booze. (Except in emergencies.  Or on days that are spelled with a "Y" at the end.)  This motto has served me well.

Nihil Obstat

Scotch is Presbyterian.  My motto is, never drink heretic booze. (Except in emergencies.  Or on days that are spelled with a "Y" at the end.)  This motto has served me well.

We are locked in a battle that lasts a measly 60-90 years, which is less than the blink of an eye relative to the history of Creation. And this battle decides our eternal fate, and often the fates of those around us. I say every day is an emergency. :|

Dr. Bombay

We are locked in a battle that lasts a measly 60-90 years, which is less than the blink of an eye relative to the history of Creation. And this battle decides our eternal fate, and often the fates of those around us. I say every day is an emergency. :|

Indeed.  You are very wise.

Nihil Obstat

I guess I'd be the only one drinking Jack and Jim at a Phatmass party. :|

What, is that Jack Daniels and Jim Beam mixed together??

What, is that Jack Daniels and Jim Beam mixed together??

No. Separately. That would be a unique experience to mix them, though.

Alcohol is not the mother of all sins. I think pride probably leads to more sins than alcohol.

But alcohol can - depending on the person and her/his ability to handle it - lead a person to commit other sins.  

i agree, how can we say this when 5 year olds were drinking wine in times of Jesus 

CatholicsAreKewl

^ This. I don't get how people can drink Schlitz.