An Old School Catholic Message Board

Alcohol Is The Mother Of All Sins!

Anastasia13

Anastasia13

You're driving me to drink.

Seemingly illogical, but hopefully Allah will give you the strength to leave such fleshly weaknesses behind.

Anastasia13

Does this mean that enjoying the fruit of the vine is bad?

Yes, if it is fermented.

Yeah, I lost my taste for bourbon a few years ago after the only alcohol I drank for about an entire month was Jim Beam. No good anymore. Jack Daniels is a bit better, but generally if I want whiskey/whisky, but not Scotch whisky, I will have rye. Alberta Premium is basically bottled heaven.

I once did a shot of Jack Daniels which I am convinced burned my mouth and esophagus.  Not to mention, it made me flushed, slightly tipsy and frequently going to the bathroom.  Needless to say, I am a lightweight   :hehe2:  Now I only have an occasional frozen strawberry margarita and I'm satisfied.

Nihil Obstat

I once did a shot of Jack Daniels which I am convinced burned my mouth and esophagus. Not to mention, it made me flushed, slightly tipsy and frequently going to the bathroom. Needless to say, I am a lightweight :hehe2: Now I only have an occasional frozen strawberry margarita and I'm satisfied.

Those ultra sweet drinks will sneak up on you more than the straight up stuff. Sugar hides the alcohol content.
That is what happened to me the only time I got drunk (accidentally mind you). :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

I once did a shot of Jack Daniels which I am convinced burned my mouth and esophagus.  Not to mention, it made me flushed, slightly tipsy and frequently going to the bathroom.  Needless to say, I am a lightweight   :hehe2:  Now I only have an occasional frozen strawberry margarita and I'm satisfied.

Once when nobody was around a snuck in a quick drink of Jim Beam. My eyes shot open, my mouth burned, my esophagus was lessening my purgation period, and I ran to the sink so I could wash out that awful taste. Needless to say I don't like alcohol, particularly hard drinks.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Those ultra sweet drinks will sneak up on you more than the straight up stuff. Sugar hides the alcohol content.
That is what happened to me the only time I got drunk (accidentally mind you). :hehe2:

Indeed. Back when I used to drink quite a bit, I drank sugary girly things and you drink way more because it just feels like you're drinking juice or soda or something. It's very easy to get quite drunk without really noticing. 

PhuturePriest

I'm a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm wary of the fact that I like it so much, as I know one day I might accidentally drink a little too much.

Nihil Obstat

I'm a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm wary of the fact that I like it so much, as I know one day I might accidentally drink a little too much.

Also one day you might be mistaken for the sort of person who likes Mike's. :|

PhuturePriest

Also one day you might be mistaken for the sort of person who likes Mike's. :|

I don't know what this means, but I'll take your word for it that this is a bad thing.