An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are The Worst Arguments You've Ever Seen Or Heard?

Seven77

Anastasia13

If you don't believe in a literal 7 day creation after reading Genesis, then you will eventually stop believing Jesus literally was the incarnate son of God who died and was resurrected.

Edited by Light and Truth

If you don't believe in a literal 7 day creation after reading Genesis, then you will eventually stop believing Jesus literally was the incarnate son of God who died and was resurrected.

The world was created in 6 days.  God rested on the 7th. 

Just sayin.

maybe if God didn't take a vacation day Eve wouldn't have listened to the serpent and we wouldn't be in this mess.

"Because the Bible tells us not to suffer the witch to live, we should burn this copy of Harry Potter instead of sell it in the church rummage sale; we'd be promoting witchcraft!" - a woman sorting things for the church rummage sale when I was a Baptist.

Nihil Obstat

"Because the Bible tells us not to suffer the witch to live, we should burn this copy of Harry Potter instead of sell it in the church rummage sale; we'd be promoting witchcraft!" - a woman sorting things for the church rummage sale when I was a Baptist.

To be fair, there are books around that I would rather destroy than sell. :P

Harry Potter is certainly not among them though.

To be fair, there are books around that I would rather destroy than sell. :P

Harry Potter is certainly not among them though.

To be fair, I'd probably like some of those books from the standpoint of my field but don't want on a watch list for purchasing them. :P

(In all seriousness, one of my colleagues and I made a list once of books we wanted to read, but that we felt would get us on a watch list.)

If it is the Anarchist Cookbook, I can hook you up. :|

It doesn't count if you didn't steal it.  

and that book is SO outdated.  

Nihil Obstat

It doesn't count if you didn't steal it.  

and that book is SO outdated.  

There is a cool little Vice 'documentary' where they test all the recipes for explosives in there. :hehe:
Most of them do not work well. Although the homemade napalm (styrofoam dissolved in gasoline) would potentially be very useful and/or harmful in certain circumstances.

There is a cool little Vice 'documentary' where they test all the recipes for explosives in there. :hehe:
Most of them do not work well. Although the homemade napalm (styrofoam dissolved in gasoline) would potentially be very useful and/or harmful in certain circumstances.

Huh might have to watch.  Re-live the 8th grade.  

Nihil Obstat

Huh might have to watch.  Re-live the 8th grade.  

Basically it is a bunch of grown-up kids with a somewhat bigger budget, and a mostly-empty warehouse. Lots of fun to watch, questionable though the professionalism of Vice may be. :smile3:
I would link it here, but I am pretty sure there is a lot of language that would not be appreciated.

Nihil Obstat

I once put homemade napalm on some samurai swords and had a pretty epic fire-sword-fight.

This is where I would normally put my props.

37336079.jpg

I agree with whatever Al said. (Not a bad argument, I just agree with Al).

And that documentary will be found!

Dr. Bombay

I agree with whatever Al said. (Not a bad argument, I just agree with Al).

And that documentary will be found!

Don't bother.  I found it and it was found wanting.  Although I did get to hear the F word used as a noun, verb, adjective and adverb all in the space of 11 minutes.  That's the way to stick it to The Man, hipsters. <_<