An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are The Worst Arguments You've Ever Seen Or Heard?

Seven77

CatholicsAreKewl

So i met a white dude studying my area of the world as his major (who had never left the states). He debated me on a political topic he knew little about and argued that my beliefs stemmed from being "too Western".

I think this post was a succes. That was an argument, right?

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

"who are YOU to judge anyone. Clearly you are a total a-hole, and I clearly don't recognize the irony here"

PhuturePriest

"Abortion isn't killing, because the baby can't feel pain or live outside the womb." Really? Then I suppose killing fish and people on life support isn't killing either, then?

Edited by FuturePriest387

GregorMendel

"Thats just a theory", primarily directed at biological evolution. 

I cringe whenever I hear this, because it shows a complete misunderstanding of the term 'theory' in a scientific context, on top of a dismissal of nearly two centuries of evidence discovered in the fossil record and decades of evidence from molecular biology and genetics.

Edited by GregorMendel

CatholicsAreKewl

"Thats just a theory", primarily directed at biological evolution. 

I cringe whenever I hear this, because it shows a complete misunderstanding of the term 'theory' in a scientific context, on top of a dismissal of nearly two centuries of evidence discovered in the fossil record and decades of evidence from molecular biology and genetics.

It's not really evidence. God's just testing our faith.

"Religious people think that fossils were put there by the devil to trick us." 

Said by my biological psychology professor. 

PhuturePriest

"The  Buy-Bull is full of ridiculous stories. People flying into heaven on chariots, people being raised from the dead, it's ridiculous!"

Oh, how our culture is so spectacularly stupid that nobody knows the Bible is not a high school history textbook...

CatholicsAreKewl

What? Please explain that sentence to me.

I was being cheeky. :smile3:

CatholicsAreKewl

"The  Buy-Bull is full of ridiculous stories. People flying into heaven on chariots, people being raised from the dead, it's ridiculous!"

Oh, how our culture is so spectacularly stupid that nobody knows the Bible is not a high school history textbook...

I think there are enough Christians that take the Bible literally for this to be a fair argument. I don't think it's really worth the time or effort to argue with those type of Christians, though.

If that's the case, then human reason serves no purpose.

Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."