An Old School Catholic Message Board

That Background Checks Would Reduce Gun Violence, Is Common Sense

dairygirl4u2c

CatholicsAreKewl

Nope.

Wow, i'm intrigued. I'm guessing you would advocate private militias? How do you feel criminals should be dealt with?

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

CatholicsAreKewl

i notice of all the people who cite studies counter mine, and counter my points.... none of these people acknowledge the existence of my studies. it makes them look like they are denying reality. i at least acknowledge them, and throw in some uncertainty, and continue on with checks specifically. then these people again do not acnowledge the studies on that point alone, and have nothing of worth to say in regards to checks. they find something that might back what they say in general, and stick their head in the ground to anything else. 

i think a lot of studies just show that if you take an all out approach like japan or austrailia in the middle of a gun problem, you can see results. it's like a manhattan project and would alienate a lot of people. but it shows results. the other studies just show that you try to just take guns from people without being principled and practical about it, even counter productive results occur. just what you'd expect if you try to take guns from people while leaving them in the hands of criminals.

see even here, im the only one actknowledging the other people's studies, and then trying to explain it all in totallity. im not just ignoring them and accuring others of ignoring my studies... as is usually dont against me 

Well, the results in Australia aren't neccesarily positive. It's hard to say that studies done in Japan would yield the same results here (I know nothing about the Japan study). Regardless, this is a moral issue, not a scientific one. I'm sure we could prevent online piracy using drone strikes.  Is it moral? No. We get frightened after tragic events. We don't want them to happen again. This is natural. However, giving up freedom doesn't seem like the best method of addressing this issue. It is much more likely that a child will drown in a swimming pool than be shot at a school. Should we take swimming pools away too?

What if I showed you a bunch of studies done in Sudan and New Zealand that gave evidence for a significant drop in child drowning after a swimming pool ban was initiated? Would you support pool bans as well? Does the term "gun" just seem more frightening?

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Winchester

Wow, i'm intrigued. I'm guessing you would advocate private militias? How do you feel criminals should be dealt with?

Who pays our troops?

I'm partial to restorative justice, myself. But nothing's perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

1609_594068823948320_534044925_n.jpg

I got banned from the NRA page for pointing out the truth about Mitt Romney. And barack obama ain't shit, to me, so even if he had suggested that my mere civilian butt could get by without the crap the military has, I wouldn't give two craps.

dairygirl4u2c

ike500.jpg

puts into perspective the idea that the solution to school violence, is hiring a bunch of armed security guards...

ike500.jpg

puts into perspective the idea that the solution to school violence, is hiring a bunch of armed security guards...

Never mind that armed agents of government enforce attendance.

KnightofChrist

It's really too bad for Dairy that Obama isn't a Republican. She would have a field day with all of his scandals and violations of Liberties. But he's not so bummer.

havok579257

Never mind that armed agents of government enforce attendance.

hhmmm, guess I missed in high school and middle school where there were armed government workers forcing me to go to school.

I am becoming convinced you have no idea what your talking about most of the time.  Your people are the reason most of Americans don't like your party.  You say crap that makes you look not only insane but unintelligent.  Its the reason no one takes your party seriously, you say off the wall comments that make you look horrible.

hhmmm, guess I missed in high school and middle school where there were armed government workers forcing me to go to school.

I am becoming convinced you have no idea what your talking about most of the time.  Your people are the reason most of Americans don't like your party.  You say croutons that makes you look not only insane but unintelligent.  Its the reason no one takes your party seriously, you say off the wall comments that make you look horrible.

Truancy laws are enforced by police, and there are fines. Cops in my area carry firearms, even the school cops. School attendance is mandatory, although we are still permitted to homeschool, proof must be submitted to the government that such schooling occurs (if requested).

I don't belong to a political party.