An Old School Catholic Message Board

That Background Checks Would Reduce Gun Violence, Is Common Sense

dairygirl4u2c

Winchester

Since havok is upset about me calling him on Statolatry, I will answer the question about FBI sponsored murder of unarmed women: 0. As in 0 years.

It's not murder when gods kill.

havok579257

Since havok is upset about me calling him on Statolatry, I will answer the question about FBI sponsored murder of unarmed women: 0. As in 0 years.

It's not murder when gods kill.

your being a petulant child is what your being.  if people don't agree with anarchy then they must not be catholic or in communion with rome because we have other gods.  honestly dude, for someone who is an adult you rarely ever act like one.  your dishonest, your immature and your insulting.  you can't take it when someone disagrees with you so instead of actually having a rationale debate like an adult you just to snark, insults and sarcasm.  this says a lot about a person when this is their immediate response to someone not agreeing  with them is this response.

so by all means continue on and do what your doing if it makes you feel good.  Or maybe look back at how you respond to other adults and maybe change your ways to act like and adult and stop acting so childish.  Or blow this off like you always do because for you to ever admit you were wrong could mean the end of the world

havok579257

It wasn't a joke. You've accused me of supporting survival of the fittest. I didn't cry about it, I just pointed out how incredibly wrong you were. Stop crying. You wanted to be insulting, and you got beat. Be gracious.

I love it.  the guys who starts insulting people from the get go is in the right.  anyone who stands up to mighty Winchester is wrong.  yeah, insulting people gets you pretty far in life. 

Winchester

your being a petulant child is what your being.  if people don't agree with anarchy then they must not be catholic or in communion with rome because we have other gods.  honestly dude, for someone who is an adult you rarely ever act like one.  your dishonest, your immature and your insulting.  you can't take it when someone disagrees with you so instead of actually having a rationale debate like an adult you just to snark, insults and sarcasm.  this says a lot about a person when this is their immediate response to someone not agreeing  with them is this response.

so by all means continue on and do what your doing if it makes you feel good.  Or maybe look back at how you respond to other adults and maybe change your ways to act like and adult and stop acting so childish.  Or blow this off like you always do because for you to ever admit you were wrong could mean the end of the world

Feel free to go back and see how I was taken from Statism to libertarian anarchy on Phatmass, kicking and screaming the whole way. I once believed as you believe. I believed in legislating morality, once.

I love it.  the guys who starts insulting people from the get go is in the right.  anyone who stands up to mighty Winchester is wrong.  yeah, insulting people gets you pretty far in life. 

I believe I said this:

The background checks are being enforced how? By men with guns, right?

That is truth. It's blunt, but it's not insulting. I'm pretty sure the ATF is comprised of armed men. The FFL is issued by the ATF. The forms we fill out, whether at gun shows or not (having purchased firearms at gunshows, I have firsthand experience), are inspected by the ATF. So men with guns enforce the background checks. If you do not follow the rules, you will lose your FFL, and you might be looking at time in a cage. Because that's what civilized people do when paperwork isn't filled out.

You responded:

by the boogymen who come to your house and murder you.  I mean I see it in the papers all the time.  goobermt murders innocent man in his house for nothing.

That would be contempt. So you responded to a simple (although blunt) question with your bizarre strawman characterization of my rejection of the modern State. I believe, Mr. Crybaby Poopypants, that you started the snark.

See, I don't mind snark. Even your crummy, misspelled, apoplectic snark. You get the vapors, insult people, and then you cry when people respond in kind. Toughen up, kid.

Winchester

401922_10151444684236275_1072812151_n.jp

This fact-free meme brought to you by a person who still hasn't acknowledged the murder of an unarmed woman in the name of a shotgun barrel cut too short.

Facts?  Who needs facts?

We peasants should just be grateful we have all those wise politicians in government to teach us the meaning of responsibility.

Chestertonian

Have any of the von Mises guys ever addressed the seemingly necessary labor laws that were born of early twentieth century events like the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire?

Winchester

Have any of the von Mises guys ever addressed the seemingly necessary labor laws that were born of early twentieth century events like the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire?

No. No one has ever addressed that in any way. And the entire philosophy behind non-aggression does not speak to how the government swooped in an preserved the lives of children so they could grow up and be sacrificed in the more noble pursuit of being blown to bits for the entertainment of politicians.

Chestertonian

I've always been for limited government, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there should be no government at all. I'll have to read the book that you recommended to havok.

Winchester

I've always been for limited government, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there should be no government at all. I'll have to read the book that you recommended to havok.

I can no longer wrap my head around the clearly utilitarian justifications for a class-system.  But that took a long time.

CatholicsAreKewl

I can no longer wrap my head around the clearly utilitarian justifications for a class-system.  But that took a long time.

Interesting. Not even a state-run military?

dairygirl4u2c

i notice of all the people who cite studies counter mine, and counter my points.... none of these people acknowledge the existence of my studies. it makes them look like they are denying reality. i at least acknowledge them, and throw in some uncertainty, and continue on with checks specifically. then these people again do not acnowledge the studies on that point alone, and have nothing of worth to say in regards to checks. they find something that might back what they say in general, and stick their head in the ground to anything else. 

i think a lot of studies just show that if you take an all out approach like japan or austrailia in the middle of a gun problem, you can see results. it's like a manhattan project and would alienate a lot of people. but it shows results. the other studies just show that you try to just take guns from people without being principled and practical about it, even counter productive results occur. just what you'd expect if you try to take guns from people while leaving them in the hands of criminals.

see even here, im the only one actknowledging the other people's studies, and then trying to explain it all in totallity. im not just ignoring them and accussing others of ignoring my studies... as is usually dont against me 

Edited by dairygirl4u2c