An Old School Catholic Message Board

That More Gun Control Would Reduce Gun Violence, Is Common Sense

dairygirl4u2c

fides' Jack

I'm sure this has been brought up before...

When did saving a few lives become more important than freedom?

Winchester

It's not a question of importance. It's a question of the moral use of force.

fides' Jack

But the other question is more basic - if freedom is more important, then the "moral use of force" doesn't matter.

I completely read that the first time as "It's a question of the moral use of the force", and I was thinking, "Well, naturally, the use of lightsabers is much more moral than the use of the force."

havok579257

when Winchester decided that government can do nothing right.  all they do is steal money, stop freedoms and kill people.  Cause that's all they do.  Kill kill kill.

Winchester

I thought freedom of trade meant that people had to be forced to sell guns whenever someone wanted them.

It's okay. I pointed out your error.

CatholicsAreKewl

when Winchester decided that government can do nothing right.  all they do is steal money, stop freedoms and kill people.  Cause that's all they do.  Kill kill kill.

You're right. They do other stuff. But they're especially good at those three things. 

havok579257

government is evil.  anarchy and survival of the fittest is the best.  then I can shot people with my gun.

you were saying

Winchester

you were saying

It's funnier when you change the message to what the person actually said. Since you thought I felt it was immoral to not sell stuff to people, it seems you have a complete misunderstanding of why I oppose the modern State. You really should read something from some Catholic libertarians or anarchists, or whatever term those who reject aggression choose to take on.

I recommend Gerard Casey. He's a Catholic, and his message is delivered with far less snark than mine. I admire how he communicates opposition to the use of aggression.

There's also this book: http://www.amazon.com/Free-Beautiful-Catholics-should-libertarian/dp/1475130961

Anyway, I hope you abandon aggression. A side effect of deciding you cannot use violence to make people stop sinning is that you pray more. Unfortunately, I prayed very little before, so the change isn't massive. But I'm working on it.

Edited by Winchester

havok579257

It's funnier when you change the message to what the person actually said. Since you thought I felt it was immoral to not sell stuff to people, it seems you have a complete misunderstanding of why I oppose the modern State. You really should read something from some Catholic libertarians or anarchists, or whatever term those who reject aggression choose to take on.

I recommend Gerard Casey. He's a Catholic, and his message is delivered with far less snark than mine. I admire how he communicates opposition to the use of aggression.

There's also this book: http://www.amazon.com/Free-Beautiful-Catholics-should-libertarian/dp/1475130961

Anyway, I hope you abandon aggression. A side effect of deciding you cannot use violence to make people stop sinning is that you pray more. Unfortunately, I prayed very little before, so the change isn't massive. But I'm working on it.

you really have no clue about what aggression entails do you?  You seem to think anyone who does not agree with you automatically means they aggression against their fellow man.  Stop assuming if they don't agree with you, then you can stereotype them.

Winchester

you really have no clue about what aggression entails do you?  You seem to think anyone who does not agree with you automatically means they aggression against their fellow man.  Stop assuming if they don't agree with you, then you can stereotype them.

It's not that you disagree with me. Agorists disagree with me, but they don't support aggression.

Like I said, read Casey. Or buy the book I recommended.