An Old School Catholic Message Board

That More Gun Control Would Reduce Gun Violence, Is Common Sense

dairygirl4u2c

havok579257

I nowhere advocate survival of the fittest. I say that you cannot use violence to compel someone to aid others. That's not "survival of the fittest". Read Gerard Casey.

I noticed that you did not address the statement, just built your precious little strawman.

you advocate anarchy which would quickly become survival of the fittest.  so yes, you do support survival of the fittest.

Chestertonian

this is the most pointless thing anyone has added to this debate.  You speaking to Catholic's on here.  Of course we know our rights come from God.  Good contribution. 

Lefty Catholics need to be reminded of that from time to time.

Winchester

you advocate anarchy which would quickly become survival of the fittest. so yes, you do support survival of the fittest.

Try again.

havok579257

Lefty Catholics need to be reminded of that from time to time.

so are you accusing me of being a lefty catholic?

Winchester

I don't support burning heretics.

Heretics who are not burned spread heresy.

Therefore, I support spreading heresy.

CatholicsAreKewl

I like burning heretics. I support both. 

havok579257

so now you want to talk about heratics.  we can do that.  or were you just trying to make a comparison but it in no way is the same.  something has got to be wrong with you man, your off your game lately.  I mean its bad.

Winchester

so now you want to talk about heratics.  we can do that.  or were you just trying to make a comparison but it in no way is the same.  something has got to be wrong with you man, your off your game lately.  I mean its bad.

It follows your logic exactly. It even has the assumption that the only means of combating an evil is by committing another one.

havok579257

It follows your logic exactly. It even has the assumption that the only means of combating an evil is by committing another one.

yep your right, in your fantasy land every store owner who refuses to sell you a gun or anything for that matter is committing an evil against you.  In your world if anyone refuses to sell you anything then they are evil, they must work for the big bad scary government and they must also want to kill you. 

An the logic of Winchester makes me smile.

havok579257

Are those the people who worship Hera?

Nope, they work for the big bad scary government who hides under your bed.

Winchester

yep your right, in your fantasy land every store owner who refuses to sell you a gun or anything for that matter is committing an evil against you.  In your world if anyone refuses to sell you anything then they are evil, they must work for the big bad scary government and they must also want to kill you. 

An the logic of Winchester makes me smile.

No, it's not evil to refuse to sell something. That's a free choice. You really don't get it, do you?

A and B wish to trade. C comes in and tries to set boundaries. C is the problem. A wishes to trade, B doesn't. Free choice.

It's not that hard to understand.

Winchester

No, it's not evil to refuse to sell something. That's a free choice. You really don't get it, do you?

A and B wish to trade. C comes in and tries to set boundaries. C is the problem. A wishes to trade, B doesn't. Free choice.

It's not that hard to understand.

Just bumping in the hopes of clearing up the (completely inexplicable) misunderstanding havok had of the concept of free trade.

Cue distracting comment on people accruing too much power and then exploiting that power (although the incineration of cities, drafting people into an army, and mass incarceration of people for vices is not considered to be exploitation. Because gubbmint).