An Old School Catholic Message Board

That More Gun Control Would Reduce Gun Violence, Is Common Sense

dairygirl4u2c

Winchester

Well if everyone on your side acts like you its no wonder your side is losing. When you have the inability to act like an adult its kind of hard to take anything you say seriously. All I see is an adult who is immature and acts childish. Hopefully the rest of your side doesnt act this way or you guys stand no chance. Cause if you cant act like an adult a real debate can never start.

What's childish about eschewing aggression?

It's about you not being my property, and me not being your property. I'm not compromising on letting you own me a little.

The thugs will usually win. That doesn't mean the non-thugs are childish, it just proves the effectiveness of being evil.

Chestertonian

Probably already been posted on here before, but here's an interesting flash animation explanation of the non-aggression principle.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

Edited by Chestertonian

havok579257

What's childish about eschewing aggression?

It's about you not being my property, and me not being your property. I'm not compromising on letting you own me a little.

The thugs will usually win. That doesn't mean the non-thugs are childish, it just proves the effectiveness of being evil.

childish is the way you talk and try to insult people while trying to act superior to them all the time coming off as immature and egotistical.  You know exactly how your acting.  Your acting like an immature whinny like child.  Grow up winchester.  Your getting as bad as liberals in washington.  man up and stop acting like a child.

havok579257

If Bob is willing to die or go to prison, Bob will find a way to get a gun

Did you even read what he said.  He already addressed this.  He said not everyone who would get a gun legally and do something with it will also be willing to get a gun illegally and thus his murder will be avoided.  As much as I can't understand dairy half the time, this was very easy to understand.  If you actually read what he wrote that is.

havok579257

Probably already been posted on here before, but here's an interesting flash animation explanation of the non-aggression principle.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

Yep, cause someone not having the ability to legally buy a gun is the same as someone deciding if you die.  Completely the same. :crazy:

Winchester

Yep, cause someone not having the ability to legally buy a gun is the same as someone deciding if you die.  Completely the same. :crazy:

Nobody is ever killed by the enforcement class.

Winchester

childish is the way you talk and try to insult people while trying to act superior to them all the time coming off as immature and egotistical.  You know exactly how your acting.  Your acting like an immature whinny like child.  Grow up winchester.  Your getting as bad as liberals in washington.  man up and stop acting like a child.

My acting like an immature whinny child what?

CatholicsAreKewl

That more gun control would reduce gun violence is 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOZLCcke3A

Now I'm confused.

Chestertonian

Did you even read what he said.  He already addressed this.  He said not everyone who would get a gun legally and do something with it will also be willing to get a gun illegally and thus his murder will be avoided.  As much as I can't understand dairy half the time, this was very easy to understand.  If you actually read what he wrote that is.

So, because Bob can't buy a gun legally, he's just going to let bygones be bygones? Makes tons of sense.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that anyone willing to commit murder is not terribly scrupulous about obeying the law.

And besides, there are plenty of ways of killing people without using a gun.  The historical and archaeological record shows that there was lots of violence and murder in ancient times long before the invention of firearms.

(btw, cool music - where's it coming from?)

Chestertonian

From the flash animation thing I posted. Didn't know it was going to auto-play like that :p Whoops.

CatholicsAreKewl

From the flash animation thing I posted. Didn't know it was going to auto-play like that :P Whoops.

It's playing twice because someone else quoted it hahaha. 

havok579257

So, because Bob can't buy a gun legally, he's just going to let bygones be bygones? Makes tons of sense.

In ever single case no but there will be some cases where yes he will decide not to do what he was going to do.  That's what dairy was getting at.  That even if its only a few people his train of thought is that even a few lives saved is worth it.

havok579257

I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that anyone willing to commit murder is not terribly scrupulous about obeying the law.

And besides, there are plenty of ways of killing people without using a gun.  The historical and archaeological record shows that there was lots of violence and murder in ancient times long before the invention of firearms.

(btw, cool music - where's it coming from?)

I'm not going to go out on a limb here and say that someone who was going to do something in the heat of the moment will decide against that if they have to get a gun illegally as opposed to running down to the gun show and getting it now.  Can people get guns illegal? Yes.  Is it as easy as you make it out to be?  No.  It involves a lot more work then you seem to imply it does.  That extra work and possibly having to deal with shady people(whom the killer might be afraid would kill him) will deter some, not all, not the majority but some people.

Killing someone with a gun is a little different than a knife.  Killing someone with a gun is way way more easier andway more accurate to kill someone than a knife or whatever.  Big difference.

havok579257

Nobody is ever killed by the enforcement class.

That has absolutely nothing to do with someone not being able to buy a gun legally and the government decided they are going to kill Winchester.  Unless your really off the deep end and think the government goes around killing people left and right all the time for the fun of it.