An Old School Catholic Message Board

Plan B For 15yr Olds.

T-fish

Right . . . but that doesn't mean this study automatically renders previous studies invalid. Science is always in flux, and scientists rarely speak in terms of certainty ESPECIALLY concerning relatively new medical practices. To say there is "no scientific evidence" is clearly false.

Um....my conception was intentional. Unless you are suggesting that plan b can abort an embryo. Which it can't. But you wish I was aborted? Thats a lovely comment. 

Would you still like my mother's number? I asked her and she is willing to talk to you. 

Um....all conception is intentional for God knits you in the womb (not a petri dish). duh.

I'm not out to be lovely.

You spend so much time on scientific research...instead of seeking the Truth.

Procreation, not recreation.

Right . . . but that doesn't mean this study automatically renders previous studies invalid. Science is always in flux, and scientists rarely speak in terms of certainty ESPECIALLY concerning relatively new medical practices. To say there is "no scientific evidence" is clearly false.

No, totally.  I guess that's why your still ambiguous about the role of aether in propagating light since, you know, older studies support it even if new studies discount it.  PRECISION!!!!

CatholicsAreKewl

No, totally.  I guess that's why your still ambiguous about the role of aether in propagating light since, you know, older studies support it even if new studies discount it.  PRECISION!!!!

Aether doesn't propagate light?  :unsure:

Plan B, just like all hormonal birth control pills, works in 3 ways. Plan B is exactly the same as regular birth control pills. The only difference is that Plan B is a much higher dosage and works faster. All hormonal birth control pills, including Plan B, work in this way:

1) Mechanism one. This is the process that is on the package and that everyone knows about. It tries to (and usually succeeds) "inhibit" ovulation. This means the eggs are not released and therefore cannot be fertilized. No human is created. No abortion occurs. 

2) When the pill fails in its first mechanism, above, and the eggs ARE released, then the next mechanism is that it causes the cervical mucus to thicken, thereby making it much harder for the sperm to reach the eggs. If this works, no fertilization occurs, and no human is created. No abortion.

3) If both the above mechanisms fail, and eggs do in fact release (which happens in 3-5% of cycles), and the sperm manage to get through the thickened cervical mucus, and they do reach the egg and fertilize it, then a new human being is created. The third and final mechanism of the Plan B pill is that it makes the uterus a hostile environment to the newly fertilized egg (the tiny human) and the uterine lining is too harsh to allow the newly created human to implant. Because the newly created human cannot implant in the uterus, it dies and is flushed out of the body. This is abortion. 

Have you heard of the "Revolt Against Contraception," www.1flesh.org? Right now our site is under construction, but I'm working with them. I'm one of the founding mothers for http://1fleshaggies.org/. Check it out. Sorry that 1flesh.org is currently under construction. We will be back up within a week. 

What she said.

Girlie, you would of done great in my persuasion speech class.

Hasan come back when you're not drinking and explain to me exactly what the hell you were trying to say.

Hasan come back when you're not drinking and explain to me exactly what the hell you were trying to say.

In the 19th century it was believed that aether propagated light.  Studies supported this at the time.  By your logic we would conclude not that the older studies were profoundly wrong but that there is ambiguity about the subject.  

In the 19th century it was believed that aether propagated light.  Studies supported this at the time.  By your logic we would conclude not that the older studies were profoundly wrong but that there is ambiguity about the subject.  

Then huff some ether and lets continue this discourse!

KnightofChrist

If the studies showing that Plan B may prevent attachment of a fertilized egg were conducted 100 or so years ago your analogy would be a lot more logical and make sense.

Edited by KnightofChrist

CatholicsAreKewl

"Hey Martha, I'm afraid I might be pregnant. :pinch: "

"Did you try Plan B?"
"No. Plan B is for 15 year olds."

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

"Hey Martha, I'm afraid I might be pregnant. :pinch: "

"Did you try Plan B?"
"No. Plan B is for 15 year olds."

Recently I tried to get a prescription for acne medication, but the stupid nurse practitioner wouldn't give it to me bc it's for 20yr olds and younger... and something about my insurance. whatever. ugh. 

But anyway... I can get Plan B over the counter. 

So you have to get a prescription to stop pimples (a simple teenager problem) but you can get over the counter abortion pills. huh? 

Yes, that makes sense.

Satan is the prince of this world.

Recently I tried to get a prescription for acne medication, but the stupid nurse practitioner wouldn't give it to me bc it's for 20yr olds and younger... and something about my insurance. whatever. ugh. 

But anyway... I can get Plan B over the counter. 

So you have to get a prescription to stop pimples (a simple teenager problem) but you can get over the counter abortion pills. huh? 

Yes, that makes sense.

Satan is the prince of this world.

They're not abortion pills...

and for your acne I would recommend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzoyl_peroxide

jeff don't play with the trolls. It's mildly entertaining but overall a waste of precious time. Pro-tip.