An Old School Catholic Message Board

Plan B For 15yr Olds.

T-fish

Plan B probably won't cause an abortion most of the time, but it MAY INHIBIT IMPLANTATION which means it MAY CAUSE ABORTION.

That is too high a risk to take.

You are taking a risk just by breathing and living. 

CatholicsAreKewl

There are many environmental and behavioral factors that are more likely to cause abortion than plan b. 

4 realz? Like what? If this is true, then it would make sense to concentrate on these issues first, no?

4 realz? Like what? If this is true, then it would make sense to concentrate on these issues first, no?

Many women live in areas with high levels of pollution, which is known to cause complications during pregnancy. Also, Americans in general exhibit various behaviors that can be dangerous to pregnancy ( use of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, poor nutrition). 

A woman needs to do everything in her power to live a healthy lifestyle if she becomes pregnant. 

This is much more of an issue than whether or not plan b causes abortions. There is no scientific evidence that conclusively states that plan b can cause an abortion. Yes, there is an extremely small chance that it COULD happen. 

A woman is more likely to experience a termination due to some of the factors I listed above. 

ToJesusMyHeart

You take a purposeful risk of aborting your child when you take plan B because it may inhibit the newly created human from implanting. 

KnightofChrist

I am not advocating the use of plan b. I am just saying that it probably does not cause abortions. Morally there is a huge difference between contraception and abortion. 

There are many environmental and behavioral factors that are more likely to cause abortion than plan b. 

Whether or not a study will admit the abortive effects of Emergency Contraception depends on when they believe pregnancy begins. If the study you posted earlier does not agree that conception is when pregnancy begins then it's findings may be in error.

ECPs do not interrupt an established pregnancy, defined by medical authorities such as the United States Food and Drug Administration/National Institutes of Health and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as beginning with implantation. Therefore, ECPs are not abortifacient.

To make an informed choice, women must know that ECPs- like all regular hormonal contraceptives such as the birth control pill, the implant Implanon, the vaginal ring NuvaRing, the Evra patch and the injectable Depo-Provera and even breastfeeding—prevent pregnancy primarily by delaying of inhibiting ovulation and inhibiting fertilization, but may at times inhibit the implantation of a fertilized egg in the endometrium.

- Emergency Contraception: A Last Chance to Prevent Unintended Pregnancy

havok579257

so your equating breathing with murder?  Good way to make yourself look foolish.

havok579257

I am not advocating the use of plan b. I am just saying that it probably does not cause abortions. Morally there is a huge difference between contraception and abortion. 

You do understand contraceptives can cause abortions, right?

so your equating breathing with murder?  Good way to make yourself look foolish.

That is some questionable logic...

CatholicsAreKewl

You take a purposeful risk of aborting your child when you take plan B because it may inhibit the newly created human from implanting. 

The most dangerous thing in the world is to be alive; one is always in danger of one's life.
GK CHEST
This isn't a rebuttal or anything. I just remembered this quote.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

*Takes deep breath* 

Jeff. Just...Stop.

You want to end this conversation? Ok.

For the record, I was not "equating breathing with murder". This is another PMer's erroneous logic. 

I read the whole PDF version of the study. They are saying there is no conclusion on whether or not plan b is abortive. The one I cited earlier through the National Institute of Health says there is no data to suggest that plan b is abortive. 

Ok. Where is the study that shows plan b does not contain abortifacient properties?

CatholicsAreKewl

Ok. Where is the study that shows plan b does not contain abortifacient properties?

It's on the first page. I don't know if it was saying that it specifically didn't. I believe it was saying there's no evidence that it does. I'mma stop posting on this thread. I'm not very learned on this topic.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

The most dangerous thing in the world is to be alive; one is always in danger of one's life.
GK CHEST
This isn't a rebuttal or anything. I just remembered this quote.

Therefore, abortion is ok????

I am not following. Please assist.