An Old School Catholic Message Board

Immigration Control.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Nihil Obstat

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make sense. What good ensues from prostitution, or what evil is avoided?

Take it up with the Angelic Doctor.

CatholicsAreKewl

I say that it is more likely that women who have become slaves to prostitution are far more likely than other women to conceive a child they do not want, to have the child aborted, and have cycle repeated numerous times. Making prostitution legal would clearly not encourage those who were directly envoled in its evils when it was illegal to turn away from those sins. Nor will it help those who avoided it because it was illegal to avoid it after it becomes legal. Nor will it help the sheep like narture of man. Who just as sheep will wander off to all sorts of dangerous places, one following another, if there is no barrier to stop them. Therefore abortion, the murder of innocents, would very likely increase if the slavery of women to prostitution is tolerated. I can see Aquinas' point in extreme and temporary cases, but he did not live in a time where abortion was on such a massive scale as our day.

I'm a bit confused, KnightofChrist. What do you mean by "slaves to prostitution"?

someone should start a new thread that focuses on this prostitution issue. I'm sure as hell too lazy to do it, but it might be interesting.

CatholicsAreKewl

someone should start a new thread that focuses on this prostitution issue. I'm sure as hell too lazy to do it, but it might be interesting.

I'm already getting bored of prostitution. I might start another thread about modesty. 

Well, I HAVE been wondering if my participation in the local naturalist community is something the kind people at phatmass would approve of . . .

Nihil Obstat

I'm already getting bored of prostitution. 

Excellent. There are many people and organizations who will help you get off the streets and turn your life around. :like3:

CatholicsAreKewl

Excellent. There are many people and organizations who will help you get off the streets and turn your life around. :like3:

Nevermind. I might just be experiencing burnout. 

KnightofChrist

I'm a bit confused, KnightofChrist. What do you mean by "slaves to prostitution"?

Well first and foremost they are slaves to sin and the father of sin. But that can be true for any of us that sin. Still even from a natural stand point prostitution can be slavery. Because 1) people are being bought and sold to other people, even if it is on a temporary basis. 2) While I recognize that it can be a mutual agreement between let's say a free agent and a John. When there is a pimp or the like involved it most certainly becomes more like physical slavery. The lie about the pimp that is often repeated is that he protects the woman for a price. But what he is really doing is protecting his property and means of income. Even in the case of a pimp I suppose, perhaps, there could be a fully mutual agreement, but the pimp would still be claiming some sort of property rights over the bodies of women. Again once there's a pimp involved it becomes varying degrees of slavery. From being some sort of indentured sexual servant to sex slave and from just verbal, mental and/or financial threats to physical abuse and murder if the women trys to regain her full freedom. Edited by KnightofChrist