An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sacrasm Catechism Sin

havok579257

havok579257

Not all sarcasm is malicious.

\

true although i would sday the majority of it, the vast majority of it in every day life is malicious.

Nihil Obstat

\

true although i would sday the majority of it, the vast majority of it in every day life is malicious.

You are equipped to make that judgement?

havok579257

You are equipped to make that judgement?

by that logic is anyone equiped to make this or the vast majority of judgements on phatmass?

Nihil Obstat

by that logic is anyone equiped to make this or the vast majority of judgements on phatmass?

You are changing the subject.

Anastasia13

It's not fear so much as sarcasm getting old after awhile (which it does with most sarcastic people, because most people use excessive sarcasm to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic life by making others look stupid). lol.

But I am awesome, really!

havok579257

You are changing the subject.

so would you say the vast majority of sarcasm is not malicious?  better yet let's just narrow it down to this website and just the debate board.  would you say the majority of sarcasm here is malicious or not?  I would say the majority here is malicious because is quite obvious to tell when someone is trying to attack someone through sarcasm or attack someone and then claim they were only being sarcastic(the same idea behind a drunk doing something stupid and then claiming is was just the booze talking and its not thier fault and nothing was ment by it)

Nihil Obstat

so would you say the vast majority of sarcasm is not malicious?  better yet let's just narrow it down to this website and just the debate board.  would you say the majority of sarcasm here is malicious or not?  I would say the majority here is malicious because is quite obvious to tell when someone is trying to attack someone through sarcasm or attack someone and then claim they were only being sarcastic(the same idea behind a drunk doing something stupid and then claiming is was just the booze talking and its not thier fault and nothing was ment by it)

I would say that it is necessarily impossible to judge, because malice requires intent to cause harm in some way, and I am woefully unequipped (as are you) to judge intent under normal circumstances. You might speculate, but such speculation frequently borders on inappropriate, and I try to avoid it.

Or you could just ask people not to be sarcastic when they speak to you.

PhuturePriest

To say that my sarcastic jokes are malicious is laughable. I spend my days reading Anne of Green Gables, doing cover videos of One Direction songs, and then talking on the phone with my friends (Who are girls) for hours on end. I'm not an angry person, and it really takes a lot to get me angry. I would never use malice in a joke because the mere thought troubles me. I don't like hurting peoples' feelings or destroying reputations, so I would never think to do it. All of this being said, I love being teased. That's why everyone here teases me and says horrible sarcastic jokes directed at me. I love it and think the jokes are hilarious. However, I wouldn't if I didn't know they were joking. There are many people here with very edgy jokes that can easily offend, but the key is remembering that they have absolutely no intention of offending you. They just like to make light of everything, and really there is no sin in that.

PhuturePriest

I would say that it is necessarily impossible to judge, because malice requires intent to cause harm in some way, and I am woefully unequipped (as are you) to judge intent under normal circumstances. You might speculate, but such speculation frequently borders on inappropriate, and I try to avoid it.

Or you could just ask people not to be sarcastic when they speak to you.

I tried this when I first got on here. Winchester pounced like a puma chasing a wounded zebra.

Nihil Obstat

I tried this when I first got on here. Winchester pounced like a puma chasing a wounded zebra.

Because he knew that one day you would graduate from being a butthurt babby, to being a butthurt fetus. It is a slow progression, but you have taken your first steps. You might aspire to someday be a butthurt tween drama llama.

PhuturePriest

Because he knew that one day you would graduate from being a butthurt babby, to being a butthurt fetus. It is a slow progression, but you have taken your first steps. You might aspire to someday be a butthurt tween drama llama.

Oh, I was offended at first, but now I love it. Every time I see it I realize his responses were actually pretty funny.

Nihil Obstat

Oh, I was offended at first, but now I love it. Every time I see it I realize his responses were actually pretty funny.

Precisely. It is a trial by fire that only the most worthy may complete. But sometimes people slip through the cracks.