An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mary

CatholicsAreKewl

Nihil Obstat

To be honest I was expecting much worse. Given the sort of trolls we have had in the past... Todd Vetter, Stormstopper, etc..
I guess my eyes just are not sinister enough anymore... :sad2:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

HisChildForever

To be honest I was expecting much worse. Given the sort of trolls we have had in the past... Todd Vetter, Stormstopper, etc..
I guess my eyes just are not sinister enough anymore... :sad2:

LOL. Well they're posting one or two sentences at a time and they're very leading sentences. Baiting.

HisChildForever

So Mary is God. We all agree now?

The Catholic Church doesn't teach this. If you want to worship Mary as God, that's your prerogative.

CatholicsAreKewl

The Catholic Church doesn't teach this. If you want to worship Mary as God, that's your prerogative.

I never said anything about worshipping God. You're sounding like a MIGCMer. I was just saying she is God. 

HisChildForever

I never said anything about worshipping God. You're sounding like a MIGCMer. I was just saying she is God. 

Well, you're wrong.

And I don't know what the heck "MIGCMer" is.

I smell trolls. C'mon guys, fix your trolldar..

Trolls or not . . . I think it was a fairly informative thread.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

So she is not divine? How could a mere human never sin?

The holy mother is a one time only for human beings, as was the parting of the red sea, as was God becoming man. These are one show only. There are not so many one time only momments in this world,thats what makes them so special.

Onward christian souls.

JESUS iz LORD.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Mary was saved from sin by an extraordinary gift from God, such that she could bear God the Son. She was not divine. She was saved by Christ, whom she bore, in a particularly intimate way that prepared her for her role.

I like that. The first and greatest of all the saints, the first to accept Jesus by accepting to bear Jesus in her womb.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

"Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?
John 10:34

Perfect union with God? Doesn't that imply that we "become God"? If not, why is this verse used in reference to Theosis? 

Perhaps this verse in using the word 'gods'  is meaning as belonging to God not as God. :)

CatholicsAreKewl

Perhaps this verse in using the word 'gods'  is meaning as belonging to God not as God. :)

There is no apostrophe.

CatholicsAreKewl

Well, you're wrong.

And I don't know what the heck "MIGCMer" is.

I believe everyone would agree that she is God by the doctrine of Theosis. To deny that is to deny a Church approved doctrine. 
Look up "MIGCM". 

Nihil Obstat

The MITgcm (MIT General Circulation Model) is a numerical model designed for study of the atmosphere, ocean, and climate.

The MIT General Circulation Model (MITgcm) is a numerical computer code that solves the equations of motion governing the ocean or Earth's atmosphere using the finite volume method. It was developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and was one of the first non-hydrostatic models of the ocean. It has an automatically generated adjoint that allows the model to be used for data assimilation.