An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Heretical?

mortify

Heresy  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hear christianity is on such a rapid increase per capita in the muslim states at present that the persecuters can't kill,beat,rape,torture etc them fast enough. It rapid recent growth of christianity in these areas are being compared to the growth of christianity in the roman empire in the first century or two before the emperor constantine made it the official religion.

That is interesting, because I have read the opposite. The number of Christians living in the Middle East for example has fallen from 20% of the population in the early 20th century to less than 5% of the population of the region today.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And there is nothing contrary to the holy scriptures or sacred tradition in blessed pope benedict saying this, where meant to be praying for such people. Gosh, really.

KnightofChrist

y u change teh subject? You never answered my question above.
Assuming the sedeplenist position, which I think is by far the most reasonable, how should we respond to a widespread crisis of faith?

Most crises in the Church today are caused by lack of discipline. The sexual abuse crisis and the liturgical crisis for example can be traced to a lack of discipline. Lack of discipline is a reason why Pro-abortion Catholic lawmakers can receive Holy Communion.

So part of the answer to the question is; the Church must have a revival of discipline in faith and morals.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Most crises in the Church today are caused by lack of discipline. The sexual abuse crisis and the liturgical crisis for example can be traced to a lack of discipline. Lack of discipline is a reason why Pro-abortion Catholic lawmakers can receive Holy Communion.

So part of the answer to the question is; the Church must have a revival of discipline in faith and morals.

Hooray, like the revival in the dark ages. Including praying for the enemies of Holy Mother Church.Which i'm sure the church encouraged.

I only know of the Churches plight during the dark ages and the renaissance because recently i have started reading a book on it.

Onward christian souls.

JESUS iz LORD.

GOD iz GOOD.

KnightofChrist

Hooray, like the revival in the dark ages. Including praying for the enemies of Holy Mother Church.Which i'm sure the church encouraged.
I only know of the Churches plight during the dark ages and the renaissance because recently i have started reading a book on it.

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
GOD iz GOOD.

No. No. No and ahh... no.

Each individual case of the sexual abuse crisis was, on some level, due to a lack of personal discipline. It spread like a cancer throughout the Western Church due to a lack of authoritative discipline. There must be a revival of discipline! Edited by KnightofChrist

And there is nothing contrary to the holy scriptures or sacred tradition in blessed pope benedict saying this, where meant to be praying for such people. Gosh, really.

I did not know that Pope Benedict had been declared blessed. Be that as it may, the words in the quotation - as I have said before - are unorthodox when taken at face value, because the statement is theologically nonsensical. A man cannot pray for the protection of a false religion.

Finally, as far as Blessed John Paul II is concerned, as I have indicated in my earlier posts, I see his extemporaneous remarks as strange, but it is likely that he misspoke while thanking his hosts (i.e., the Jordanian King and people).

Including praying for the enemies of Holy Mother Church.Which i'm sure the church encouraged.

I am all for praying for the Church's enemies, but I would never pray that they remain in darkness and religious error; instead, I pray that they be freed from the Islamic religion (or any other false religion for that matter), and be brought to the true faith. Jesus Christ alone is the savior of mankind.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

How is it spread ike cancer through the western church, or is it just the u.s.a. Which is understandable with the terrible might of the hippy revoltuion, which is just like the religious revolution of the calvinist,lutheran,and protestants, just it was't/isn't christian. I don't know the number, is there any real information about how many paedophile priests there actually are. I'm sure it's a minority and the majority are good fellows. By the way why did you flip the script to the paedophile scandal. Faith is Discipline, total spiritual revival is what we need. Without works of hope and love faith is dead.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I did not know that Pope Benedict had been declared blessed. Be that as it may, the words in the quotation - as I have said before - are unorthodox when taken at face value, because the statement is theologically nonsensical. A man cannot pray for the protection of a false religion.

Finally, as far as Blessed John Paul II is concerned, as I have indicated in my earlier posts, I see his extemporaneous remarks as strange, but it is likely that he misspoke while thanking his hosts (i.e., the Jordanian King and people).

I meant pope john paul the 2nd lol. Please forgive my rushing around.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am all for praying for the Church's enemies, but I would never pray that they remain in darkness and religious error; instead, I pray that they be freed from the Islamic religion (or any other false religion for that matter), and be brought to the true faith. Jesus Christ alone is the savior of mankind.

Why don't you just pray the GOD's will be done in there life too. And true we all must come to JESUS in the initial and final judgement, muslims ahtiests and christians.

Why don't you just pray the GOD's will be done in there life too. And true we all must come to JESUS in the initial and final judgement, muslims ahtiests and christians.

Because I take the Great Commission of Christ seriously; and moreover, I do not subscribe to the Quietist heresy, 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Please what is a quietist? If i'm a quietist and it is a heresy i need to know so i can change. So again i ask what is this charge, please explain.

y u change teh subject? You never answered my question above.

Assuming the sedeplenist position, which I think is by far the most reasonable, how should we respond to a widespread crisis of faith?

Well before we get into that, why do you believe it is the most reasonable position?

Basilisa Marie

My dear, you are confusing Islam the religion with Muslims the people. Religions don't grow to one day understand the truth, people do. Islam is a false religion, plain and simple. The Quran explicitly rejects the divinity of Christ, explicitly rejects the crucifixion ever happening, explicitly sanctions waging war against Christians and Jews until we submit to Islamic dominion. Muslims are lost souls in need of evangelization and unity in the Church. This is how I understood Catholicism but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Islam is also efficacious with leading souls to heaven and in that case may it reign and grow until Kingdom come. Perhaps prior popes were just short sighted men, victims of their times, but now at least the modern world with its contemporary philosphies and science is able to make us know the real truth.

1. You are not my boyfriend, so stop calling me "dear".  It's condescending and only serves to make me mad. And as you don't use pet names for the dudes on the forum, it comes off as sexist.  I've read the Qu'ran, I've taken a course in Islamic Philosophy taught by a faithful Catholic professor who specializes in Islamic philosophy, and I'm finishing my Master's Degree in theology. But because the internet is a great equalizer, on Phatmass I'm no more credentialed than you are, so I'd appreciate it if your language reflects the fact that we're equals.  Savvy? :)

2. I'm not confusing the religion with the people. My point still stands - it depends on what was implied by the statement, because the statement itself is vague.  Seeing as Catholics understand the Church to be the one true religious entity, while others partake in ecclesial communities at best, I think it's reasonable to interpret the comment as referring to the people.  When we say "the White House says cats are evil" we don't literally mean the White House spoke.  We mean the President, supported by his staff.  It's called a metonym.