An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Heretical?

mortify

Heresy  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is saying, "May St John the Baptist protect Islam" a heretical statement against Catholic belief?

Why or why not?

Please vote!

It's a strange thing to say.

Heresy is a very technical word.

It's really not that complicated my dear, but maybe it's because of the speaker of those words that we find ourselves hesitating?

Lilllabettt

It's really not that complicated my dear, but maybe it's because of the speaker of those words that we find ourselves hesitating?

Pro tip: patronizing a woman will make you look like fatty beefsteak.

havok579257

Blessed John Paul II

i have an issues condeming a pope of something heritical when they are way more holy and know way more than us layman on what is heritical.

Maybe I'm the only one here who finds your method of discourse increasingly frustrating. Just say what you mean man. Is Bl. John Paul II a heretic in your eyes? Talk straight bro. What's the purpose of this discussion, and don't be coy about it plz.

i have an issues condeming a pope of something heritical when they are way more holy and know way more than us layman on what is heritical.

The office of a bishop, or a priest, or a deacon, is sacred, but the person who holds the office is a sinner like everyone else. I do not believe that the priests or bishops involved in the sex abuse scandal were more holy than the laity.

havok579257

The office of a bishop, or a priest, or a deacon, is sacred, but the person who holds the office is a sinner like everyone else. I do not believe that the priests or bishops involved in the sex abuse scandal were more holy than the laity.

this is not the sex abuse scandel, this is something else entirely.  this is not something so cut and dry as that.  they also know more about catholic teaching then us laymen.

this is not the sex abuse scandel, this is something else entirely.  this is not something so cut and dry as that.  they also know more about catholic teaching then us laymen.

The principle is the same. Bishops and priests are sinners like everyone else. Moreover, in the Church's history lay men (e.g., St. Maximos the Confessor) have had to teach bishops (even patriarchs) the truth and correct them when they have fallen into error.

havok579257

The principle is the same. Bishops and priests are sinners like everyone else. Moreover, in the Church's history lay men (e.g., St. Maximos the Confessor) have had to teach bishops (even patriarchs) the truth and correct them when they have fallen into error.

so then are you saying its completely true in this instance that pope john paul was speaking heretical?

so then are you saying its completely true in this instance that pope john paul was speaking heretical?

The rule of prayer establishes the rule of faith, and the saints most certainly do not, nor can they ever, protect things that are unorthodox. Should Pope John Paul II have said a prayer like the one quoted (if it is accurate)? No, because such a prayer promotes the error of theological indifferentism.