An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns

Papist

Do Guns Save Lives?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

havok579257

Say what you will, but having all of those people in the same room together would bring about some really funny contradictory arguments.

Sense. Get some.

Expecting proper English out of adults is something I hold to, yes. Unless, of course, that's not what the intent of this post was. It was kind of hard to understand the meaning behind all of the improper punctuation.

Although expecting an adult to act mature is not somethingyo expect obviously?  Unless your honestly going to tell me you had no clue what I said.  Although if so then the question begs why even respond?  See I get winchester.  He's a sacrastic poster here but at least he's an original.  Although in your case all your doing is trying to follow in his and other foot steps to come off as cool.  Just be an original man and stop trying to be just like someone else.

Your side is not much better than his side.  You've got the crazy nutjob conspiricy theroists extreme right wingers,  Once again a man who is convinced only he is right, everyone who opposes him is wrong and their is no postives to the other sides arguement.

If a conspiracy theorist believes in the NAP, then I agree with him on that point. I'm not real fussy about liking crazy people.

There are positives to your argument. I pointed them out. Your intent is positive, your means are evil. If I believed I were right, I would be prescribing positive action. I'm not. I'm saying leave people alone until they actually do something wrong. You're advocating preemptive strikes. It's precisely my lack of knowledge that leads me to advocate not ruling over others. You're the one advocating programs. It's you claiming to have solutions. It's you claiming to know what's best. I'm saying quit sticking guns in peoples' ribs.

Edited by Winchester

havok579257

Why must his side be full of right-wing nut job conspiracy theorists? It seems as if you are judging an entire political philosophy by a few conspiracy theorists. I've never seen Winchester say a conspiracy theory, except in the case of when he sometimes makes fun of them.

There is that reading thing again.  I never said his side was full of them.  I said his side has them in it.  Big difference there.

CatholicsAreKewl

Nvm... i guess i misread. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Wait, was that directed towards me? Because I don't really disagree with any of this...

No. My response to you was well before. I pointed out I am an expert, but only on my motivation behind my beliefs.

CatholicsAreKewl

No. My response to you was well before. I pointed out I am an expert, but only on my motivation behind my beliefs.

I know, my video was in your response. That's why I was confused. I'll just sit back down and finish my popcorn.

havok579257

If a conspiracy theorist believes in the NAP, then I agree with him on that point. I'm not real fussy about liking crazy people.

There are positives to your argument. I pointed them out. Your intent is positive, your means are evil. If I believed I were right, I would be prescribing positive action. I'm not. I'm saying leave people alone until they actually do something wrong. You're advocating preemptive strikes. It's precisely my lack of knowledge that leads me to advocate not ruling over others. You're the one advocating programs. It's you claiming to have solutions. It's you claiming to know what's best. I'm saying quit sticking guns in peoples' ribs.

So just so I understand, are you ok with guns to released murders?  What about people in know terrorists groups?  What about nuclear weapons to countries such as North Korea?  Do you advocate letting people and or countries have nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction until they attack us?  Would that be part of the non aggression philosophy?  Even though we know or can nearly be certain what they will do with these weapons once they get their hands on them.

havok579257

You did not point out positives you were just condisending(sp?) by saying I see why you think your evil ideas are right.  That is not at all looking at the other sides point of view.  That's further digging in your heels on your point of view.  Honestly, if you can see no positives to the other side of an argument then your saying I am unwilling to comprimise, I am unwilling to even consider the other point of view and my being wrong, I am right, nah nah nah. 

I know, my video was in your response. That's why I was confused. I'll just sit back down and finish my popcorn.

I didn't notice it was you. I'm sorry.

So just so I understand, are you ok with guns to released murders?  What about people in know terrorists groups?  What about nuclear weapons to countries such as North Korea?  Do you advocate letting people and or countries have nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction until they attack us?  Would that be part of the non aggression philosophy?  Even though we know or can nearly be certain what they will do with these weapons once they get their hands on them.

If a man is safe enough to be let out of prison, then why should he not have a means of defending himself.

Yes, I advocate non-interventionism. I know of one country that has used atomic weapons. Twice.

You can look up NAP. There's always a gray area in what is considered a credible threat. Gerard Casey, a Catholic libertarian anarchist, probably has some articles out there. There's also Stephan Kinsella, but he's not a Catholic.

We've already committed acts of war against North Korea. Economic sanctions are acts of war. Maybe we should start by ending that crap. I don't believe in American exceptionalism.

"Can nearly be certain". Well, if that isn't enough to harm innocents, I don't know what is. Sucks being a good guy, sometimes.

You did not point out positives you were just condisending(sp?) by saying I see why you think your evil ideas are right.  That is not at all looking at the other sides point of view.  That's further digging in your heels on your point of view.  Honestly, if you can see no positives to the other side of an argument then your saying I am unwilling to comprimise, I am unwilling to even consider the other point of view and my being wrong, I am right, nah nah nah. 

I have considered your point of you. I once held your point of view. I defended your point of view. For years.

PhuturePriest

I didn't notice it was you. I'm sorry.

He should really take this to heart. A Winchester apology is like winning the lottery -- only suckier because you don't get money (Pretty much half of which the Government takes anyway in "taxes", but that's another argument entirely).

I think FDR thought he was being a good guy when he incinerated Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

Really? Really? REALLY?

your maturity shines through.  bravo sir for being less mature than a high school student.

I would rather have the maturity of a middle schooler than be a walking indictment of the American public education system. 

Really? Really? REALLY?

I would rather have the maturity of a middle schooler than be a walking indictment of the American public education system.

It's difficult keeping mass murderers straight, sometimes. I know it was Abraham Lincoln.

PhuturePriest

Really? Really? REALLY?

It's great to say that I'm home-schooled and wasn't subject to teachers that just can't figure out why their one-size-fits-all teaching methods didn't work.