An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns

Papist

Do Guns Save Lives?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

havok579257

Fun fact: When my sister was eleven, she was with my mother and our cousin driving in a small car on the highway, when suddenly a semi ran straight into my sister's side of the vehicle. She didn't have a seat belt on. She flew out the back window and landed in a ditch, and her life was saved. Paramedics said that if she had obeyed the law and put her seat belt on, she would have died instantly. Saying "Floopy you, I like lying down in the backseat" to the government saved her life.

Your argument holds absolutely no water.  In everything, in all aspects of life their are things that are freak accidents.  Do the same thing and have the same accident 1,000,000 times and the person will die 999,999 times.  Using a freak accident as proof of your point is one of the weakest arguments out there.  Heck at one time or another every drug known to man has probobly negatively effected at least one person.  So I guess we should outlaw all forms of drugs for medical pruposes. 

Next time come back with a stronger arguement.

Nihil Obstat

reading is hard isn't it?  Cause if it was easy you would see I have been engaed in real debate in nearly all my posts while yours are just sarcasm.  See the difference?

Translation:

no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg

PhuturePriest

Your argument holds absolutely no water.  In everything, in all aspects of life their are things that are freak accidents.  Do the same thing and have the same accident 1,000,000 times and the person will die 999,999 times.  Using a freak accident as proof of your point is one of the weakest arguments out there.  Heck at one time or another every drug known to man has probobly negatively effected at least one person.  So I guess we should outlaw all forms of drugs for medical pruposes. 

Next time come back with a stronger arguement.

You're cute when you get all worked up.

havok579257

You think I think any of this makes a difference?

There are areas where I make a difference. This isn't one of them.

Your side will win. It will win because it's the side of the political class, and the incredibly stupid masses who support them will vote in favor of giving them more control. Enjoy your participation ribbon. You're a very special boy.

I love it when the majority of people don't support a persons wants and desires because the they are the stupid masses.  To many of those who hold convictions refuse to look at the other sides point of view and look at the positives and instead convince themselves only they are right and everyone else is stupid for not agreeing with them. 

PhuturePriest

I love it when the majority of people don't support a persons wants and desires because the they are the stupid masses.  To many of those who hold convictions refuse to look at the other sides point of view and look at the positives and instead convince themselves only they are right and everyone else is stupid for not agreeing with them. 

havok579257

I agree I am cute.  Although how you got that I was worked up from that baffles me.  Its that reading thing again isn't it?

PhuturePriest

I agree I am cute.  Although how you got that I was worked up from that baffles me.  Its that reading thing again isn't it?

My sincerest of apologies, sir. If I have misunderstood your emotions, perhaps it is because of the frightening lack of punctuation and proper English skills in your posts.

havok579257

I'll tell whoever the heck I want, dang it, 'cause I have opinions and a computer, and certainly even people that agree with me want to hear me speak, because I'm me and amesome like that.

The key difference: You committed yourself to the debate. I never let on or said that I was in any way getting involved in the discussion other than for the occasional witty comment.

You know, just because your buddies on here over use sacrasm does not mean you have to follow them to a T. 

PhuturePriest

You know, just because your buddies on here over use sacrasm does not mean you have to follow them to a T. 

Oh, please. Giving them credit for my natural sarcasm is like giving the paint job all the credit for the beauty of a car. I had a natural sarcasm all along. They simply honed it into its current glorious state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik

I find that charming. I think your advocacy of evil is made with the best of intentions. I think that means a lot. I'm comforted by the thought that many, if not most, DEA agents believe that when they are committing assault, battery, kidnapping, and murder, really think they're doing the work of good. I'm positive God will take that into account. That's an example. I think FDR thought he was being a good guy when he threw Japanes people into concentration camps, and incinerated Hiroshima and Nagasaki. When the FBI sniper executed a woman holding a baby, I'm sure he thought this execution was for the good of society. When Federal troops mowed down unarmed indians at Wounded Knee, I'm certain they thought they were doing God's work. When troops murdered students at Kent State, when our government starved Iraqi women and children, when they bombed innocents in Afghanistan...well, I think I've made my point. You're worried about a few morons doing stupid stuff. So you're going to put psychotics in control.

Gee. What could possibly go wrong?

I follow the non-aggression principle. You don't appear to grasp that. I'm certain you'll find something negative to read on it, and let it form your opinion. Like I said, your side won. Your side includes Obama, Bush, Pelosi, McCain, Reid, Santorum, Gingrich, Cheney, and a host of other murderous bastards. Nice company you keep.

havok579257

My sincerest of apologies, sir. If I have misunderstood your emotions, perhaps it is because of the frightening lack of punctuation and proper English skills in your posts.

Yeah because being able to tell if something is in caps or not is very hard right?  LOL, wanting proper english on an internet forum.  Where have I seen that before... oh wait, in this thread.  Come up with something original next time please.

havok579257

Oh, please. Giving them credit for my natural sarcasm is like giving the paint job all the credit for the beauty of a car. I had a natural sarcasm all along. They simply honed it into its current glorious state.

Be an original, not a copy.

havok579257

I find that charming. I think your advocacy of evil is made with the best of intentions. I think that means a lot. I'm comforted by the thought that many, if not most, DEA agents believe that when they are committing assault, battery, kidnapping, and murder, really think they're doing the work of good. I'm positive God will take that into account. That's an example. I think FDR thought he was being a good guy when he threw Japanes people into concentration camps, and incinerated Hiroshima and Nagasaki. When the FBI sniper executed a woman holding a baby, I'm sure he thought this execution was for the good of society. When Federal troops mowed down unarmed indians at Wounded Knee, I'm certain they thought they were doing God's work. When troops murdered students at Kent State, when our government starved Iraqi women and children, when they bombed innocents in Afghanistan...well, I think I've made my point. You're worried about a few morons doing stupid stuff. So you're going to put psychotics in control.

I follow the non-aggression principle. You don't appear to grasp that. I'm certain you'll find something negative to read on it, and let it form your opinion. Like I said, your side won. Your side includes Obama, Bush, Pelosi, McCain, Reid, Santorum, Gingrich, Cheney, and a host of other murderous bastards. Nice company you keep.

Your side is not much better than his side.  You've got the crazy nutjob conspiricy theroists extreme right wingers,  Once again a man who is convinced only he is right, everyone who opposes him is wrong and their is no postives to the other sides arguement.

PhuturePriest

Say what you will, but having all of those people in the same room together would bring about some really funny contradictory arguments.

Be an original, not a copy.

Sense. Get some.

Yeah because being able to tell if something is in caps or not is very hard right?  LOL, wanting proper english on an internet forum.  Where have I seen that before... oh wait, in this thread.  Come up with something original next time please.

Expecting proper English out of adults is something I hold to, yes. Unless, of course, that's not what the intent of this post was. It was kind of hard to understand the meaning behind all of the improper punctuation.

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

Your side is not much better than his side.  You've got the crazy nutjob conspiricy theroists extreme right wingers,  Once again a man who is convinced only he is right, everyone who opposes him is wrong and their is no postives to the other sides arguement.

Why must his side be full of right-wing nut job conspiracy theorists? It seems as if you are judging an entire political philosophy by a few conspiracy theorists. I've never seen Winchester say a conspiracy theory, except in the case of when he sometimes makes fun of them.

Edited by FuturePriest387