An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ectopic V Regular Pregnancy Complications, Letting Fetus Die, Morality

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

it would help if nihil would explain what he says instead of short snippets of "it is wrong" etc.

ectopic pregnancies are usually held up as a prime example, by catholics, of where it is okay to use the principle of double effect. if you remove the tube with the baby in it, it is not an evil act. it gets around 'the ends doesn't jusitfy the means'. 

so is nihil against traditional catholic morality here?

if you can remove the baby and tube there, why can't you remove the uterus w the baby in it? there are more than one form of ectopic pregnancy, and the uterus might be included. how does one say you can remove the tube and not the uterus?

if you can remove the uterus, or the tube w the baby in it.... why couldnt you just remove the baby itself (read, physicaly remove, not talking about directly killing) and forget about the damage to the tubes or uterus an mother?

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

the dude above is also trying to get you to be more specific. 

other catholics here have acknowledged the thorny moral issues here, not as if it's all black and white etc.

at this point im mostly just responding to others about your lack of comprehension, joining in the observation etc. regarding you i'm not respnoding to you.... but if i was, it'd be more trying to get you to understand, get your attention, on behalf of everyone else here.

you can't just sit back acting like it's everyone else, if everyone else sees your responses as superficial, vacuous, and lacking in comprehension of the issues involved etc... then it becomes pretty much inescapable that it's obviously you who has the issues.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

yes you keep making that clear, not just with me, that you are willing to engage in all sorts of demeaning behavior, but either unwilling or unable to engage in substance. (from the posts ive been reading from you lately, to be blunt, it seems more that you are unable)

i on the other hand am always willing to engage in substance, not just to demean you, but also to explain the substance. and i guess sure to explain perhaps why you are someone who deserves to be demeaned, due to the substance (or lack thereof), superficiality, lack of comprehension, vacuousness etc etc etc

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

it would help if nihil would explain what he says instead of short snippets of "it is wrong" etc.

ectopic pregnancies are usually held up as a prime example, by catholics, of where it is okay to use the principle of double effect. if you remove the tube with the baby in it, it is not an evil act. it gets around 'the ends doesn't jusitfy the means'. 

so is nihil against traditional catholic morality here?

if you can remove the baby and tube there, why can't you remove the uterus w the baby in it? there are more than one form of ectopic pregnancy, and the uterus might be included. how does one say you can remove the tube and not the uterus?

if you can remove the uterus, or the tube w the baby in it.... why couldnt you just remove the baby itself (read, physicaly remove, not talking about directly killing) and forget about the damage to the tubes or uterus an mother

can't they just remove the baby, or do they have to remove the anatomy also.?

dairygirl4u2c

i think i've made clear that i think they should be abel to just remove the baby itself, all the samedifference really, minus the harm to the mom.

standard catholic responses require removing the anatomy too.

what others think here, who are catholic, is very hard to ascertain given the lack of elaboration etc.