An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scott Hahn

Livin_the_MASS

Do you think Scott Hahn is a prophet in our times?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='reyb' date='24 January 2010 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1264338282' post='2043373']
I hope Phatmass will invite Scott Hahn.
[/quote]
I assume he's a pretty busy guy.
Why don't you do it?

I voted no. I do not think he is a prophet, what is he, he is a very inspirational fiction writer who has a passion for the catholic faith and incorporates it in his works in an easy to digest manner that may be a turning point for many who read his books. I find his work refreshing, it is good to read something in a fiction book that is pro catholic. He uses truths in his work in a way that is inspiring. God may be indeed working through him to reach catholics who are searching or have mellowed in their zeal for their faith, I feel he is honestly a voice for good.

ed

Please disregard the ramblings of someone who needs to concentrate on one thing at a time. I explain this below, sorry!

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='24 January 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1264372184' post='2043715']
I voted no. I do not think he is a prophet, what is he, he is a very inspirational fiction writer who has a passion for the catholic faith and incorporates it in his works in an easy to digest manner that may be a turning point for many who read his books. I find his work refreshing, it is good to read something in a fiction book that is pro catholic. He uses truths in his work in a way that is inspiring. God may be indeed working through him to reach catholics who are searching or have mellowed in their zeal for their faith, I feel he is honestly a voice for good.

ed
[/quote]

What 'fiction books' have you read of his?

[quote name='Veridicus' date='24 January 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1264372328' post='2043716']
What 'fiction books' have you read of his?
[/quote]

Actually NONE!! :ohno: I am sorry I was just discussing the Bud McFarlane Jr. books with my cousin as I seen this and somehow crossed the two, probably as I was first exposed to both these writers at the Catholiccity website.

ed

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 January 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1264361594' post='2043570']
I assume he's a pretty busy guy.
Why don't you do it?
[/quote]

I do not have the means to invite him here while Phatmass is a well-known Catholic web site even among Priests and Seminarians. Anyway, if Mr. Scott Hahn is listening, please participate in our discussion and give us your thought on issues of your choice.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='28 January 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1264679185' post='2046332']
I've never read anything by Scott Hahn, though I've heard that he is a good Catholic writer.
[/quote]

You should read Hail Holy Queen & The Lamb's Supper. Very interesting and relatively quick reads. Hail Holy Queen revealed a depth of scriptural backing to various Marian doctrines that I simply had never taken the time to look up. I was particularly impressed by the connection he made between the Visitation in Luke 1 & David and the Ark in 2 Samuel 6.

• 3 weeks later...
princessgianna

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='28 January 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1264679185' post='2046332']
I've never read anything by Scott Hahn, though I've heard that he is a good Catholic writer.
[/quote]
You should. :)

I voted "let's eat chee[i][/i]se cake!!!!!! :bounce:

Dr. Hahn was huge in making the Faith make sense as I was reasoning things out during my reversion. He also helped to bring Phil into the Church last year, and for that I'm very appreciative. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No, Dr. Hahn is not a prophet. He is a gifted Catholic writer and apologetic though. One of the first books I read after my conversion
was "The Lamb's Supper." I have read hundreds of books since and that one is still one of the best. Every Catholic (and every Christian) should
read that book.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smokey.gif[/img]