An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scott Hahn

Livin_the_MASS

Do you think Scott Hahn is a prophet in our times?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

Liberal "catholic" theologians theologize themselves right out of the Church, and God starts converting protestant ministers to take their place.

Gotta love Him. :)

Brother Adam

Prophet? no.

The gift of prophecy (which doesn't mean the ability to foretell future events)? Yes.

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 28 2004, 02:16 PM'] Prophet? no.

The gift of prophecy (which doesn't mean the ability to foretell future events)? Yes. [/quote]
I looked up the word and it had two meanings

This is one I posted before

[quote]Well I said yes because [b]I looked up the word "Prophet" one of the meanings is
[u]"divinely inspired"[/u] I think this man is.[/b] He is humble and has been inspired to write alot about Sacred Scripture, Tradition, and the Truths of the Catholic Church![/quote]

God Bless
Jason

Livin_the_MASS

I just found out I'm getting his new book tonight *does happy dance* :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: <---------------- this guy is dancing by himself :(

Livin_the_MASS

I just got His new book "Swear to God The Promise and Power Of The Sacraments"
Come on dance!!!!!!!! :P

Mother, I couldn't agree more. So, for the records, I'd like to state that I by chance caught Dr. Hahn on EWTN's the Journey Home about a month ago. He wsa talking about [i]Swear To God[/i]. I of course have been a waiting it's realease...that is until I purchased it about a week ago. :)

A great apologist and teacher? Yes.
A prohpet? No.

The 12 Apostles were the best teachers you could find, as they learned right at the feet of Jesus. But they weren't all what we'd consider prophets.

voiciblanche

The definition of a prophet is partially a "mouthpiece of God." Scott Hahn certainly acts as a mouthpiece of God in my opinion, so I said yes.

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='May 29 2004, 03:53 PM']The definition of a prophet is partially a "mouthpiece of God." Scott Hahn certainly acts as a mouthpiece of God in my opinion, so I said yes.[/quote]
I agree! Plus read this Sacred Scripture

[quote][b][u]Joel 3:1-5[/u]

Then afterward I will pour out my spirit upon all mankind. Your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions;

Even upon the servants and the handmaids, in those days, I will pour out my spirit.[/b]

And I will work wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood, fire, and columns of smoke;

The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, At the coming of the Day of the LORD, the great and terrible day.

Then everyone shall be rescued who calls on the name of the LORD; For on Mount Zion there shall be a remnant, as the LORD has said, And in Jerusalem survivors whom the LORD shall call. [/quote]

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='Jason' date='May 28 2004, 03:01 PM'] I just found out I'm getting his new book tonight *does happy dance* :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: <---------------- this guy is dancing by himself :( [/quote]
hahaha!!! :lol: Thanks whoever gave the banana a dance buddy :( :)

lilac_angel

[quote] Oooh, interesting. What wierd things?

*sitting down with whole mess of cheesecake and deciding between strawberry or cherry toppings...mmmmm*[/quote]

mmm cheesecake!

I don't quite remember all the details, but I do remember being really filled with awe when I read about one of his experiences from...I think it was his book 'Rome Sweet Home'.

• 3 weeks later...

"i dont know lets eat cheesecake" was the closest to he is my neighbor so i cant really say :rolling: . rome sweet home is a great book tho