An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scott Hahn

Livin_the_MASS

Do you think Scott Hahn is a prophet in our times?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Livin_the_MASS

Well?

I think so :D I tell you what that man has put things together like no other.
I'll leave it that for now :) I think he is divinely inspired!

Pax
Jason

Livin_the_MASS

The first choice is supposed to be Yes I think Scott Hahn is a prophet of [b]our[/b] times! My bad, I asked Cmom to fix it for me when she gets time!

Livin_the_MASS

hmmmm cheesecake you guys are awesome!
:crackup: :clapping: :thatsfunny:

Thanks Cmom or whoever fixed my mistake, much love.

I am getting Scott Hahn's new book I can't wait :drool: God has touched that man.

Scott Hahn is brillant! I did however say no. He is the St. Augustine of our time. The Pope is really close though!

Livin_the_MASS

Well I said yes because I looked up the word "Prophet" one of the meanings is
"divinely inspired" I think this man is. He is humble and has been inspired to write alot about Sacred Scripture, Tradition, and the Truths of the Catholic Church!

And my opinion on JPII, [b]I know he is divinely inspired a prophet of our times.[/b] I love you JPII, Long Live Pope John Paul the II.

Pax
Jason

BeenaBobba

I wouldn't go so far to call Dr. Hahn a prophet under the traditional meaning of the word, but he's an extraordinarily brilliant man and an excellent Bible scholar.

God bless,

Jen

IcePrincessKRS

He could be, but I don't know.... I'm more inclined to agree with Oik, though. Brilliant theologian, but not necessarily a prophet. Time will tell. ;)

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='May 27 2004, 11:44 PM'] He could be, but I don't know.... I'm more inclined to agree with Oik, though. Brilliant theologian, but not necessarily a prophet. Time will tell. ;) [/quote]
So does that mean cheesecake for you :lol: :P :D ;)

just teasing, don't get :angry: at me or I'll :sadder:

lilac_angel

I'd say yes because he's had some weird things happen to him that were a lot more than coincidence :) Definitely touched by God :)

Oooh, interesting. What wierd things?

*sitting down with whole mess of cheesecake and deciding between strawberry or cherry toppings...mmmmm*

I think that the modern day greats (as I call them, Hahn, Keating, Akin, Moss, and letts not forget our home-grown Madrid) are Our Lords answer to nominal Catholics.

Read some Kreeft, especially some of his basic Christianity stuff. That's for nominal Catholics who need to seek the Christianity of of Catholicism.