An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disappointed In Lack Of Respect For Americans Warriors

Knot Wize

PhuturePriest

Calm down, people. He said he didn't pay taxes. He left out that he makes the wife do that for him.

Roamin Catholic

Calm down, people. He said he didn't pay taxes. He left out that he makes the wife do that for him.

Nope, my household does not pay taxes.

Plus, I'm never letting her off of that leash again. Did you see what.happened.last time?

Nihil Obstat

I don't either but I'm not married with children and I live in a van down by the river...

You are the best.

PhuturePriest

Plus, I'm never letting her off of that leash again. Did you see what.happened.last time?

"I just tried to show her that paying taxes was more simple than she was making it."

"Well, having no electricity is more simple. You're like the Amish now." - Everybody Loves Raymond

Sorry,  but at some point you do pay taxes.. Sales taxes, import taxes, business taxes, Social Security taxes, taxes on taxes...  They only 2 things that are guarenteed are death and taxes.

GeorgiiMichael

Flying a flag is not a litmus test, not flying a flay is perfecting fine.  But flying a foreign flag over your own country's is a litmus test. 

But the Vatican flag isn't a "foreign" flag in the same way as the Canadian, Israeli, Palestinian, or Chinese flags are. Like I said before, but you clearly don't want to hear well reasoned answers.

The Vatican is the center of the Latin Church, and by nature of the Pope being the first among equals, it is also the center of the entire Catholic Church. It may operate as an independent state, but that is only because it needs autonomy to properly run the Church. The Vatican flag is not simply the flag of a foreign state, but it is the representative flag of the Catholic Church. In fact, it is primarily the flag of the Catholic Church. 

If what you say is true and the person you responded to is British, it is unlikely that he has any idea why you're so offended. We here in the United States have a weird obsession with our flag (probably wrought from the institution of the Pledge of Allegiance) that other countries simply don't have or understand. And while I take great pride in my own knowledge and adherence to the Flag Code, I do not get offended by people simply not flying it on their own property, especially when the flag they choose is representative of their faith.

So take a chill pill, grab a beer, and get over it.

KnightofChrist

You're my hero. Right behind Marilyn Manson and Anton LaVay.

I once got a email from Marilyn Manson complementing my design work on a website I made for two brothers who are Hollywood makeup artists. They make a lot of blood and gore, zombie movies... which is probably what he liked about the site. I didn't write him back... Edited by KnightofChrist

IcePrincessKRS

:hehe:

But the Vatican flag isn't a "foreign" flag in the same way as the Canadian, Israeli, Palestinian, or Chinese flags are. Like I said before, but you clearly don't want to hear well reasoned answers.

The Vatican is the center of the Latin Church, and by nature of the Pope being the first among equals, it is also the center of the entire Catholic Church. It may operate as an independent state, but that is only because it needs autonomy to properly run the Church. The Vatican flag is not simply the flag of a foreign state, but it is the representative flag of the Catholic Church. In fact, it is primarily the flag of the Catholic Church. 

If what you say is true and the person you responded to is British, it is unlikely that he has any idea why you're so offended. We here in the United States have a weird obsession with our flag (probably wrought from the institution of the Pledge of Allegiance) that other countries simply don't have or understand. And while I take great pride in my own knowledge and adherence to the Flag Code, I do not get offended by people simply not flying it on their own property, especially when the flag they choose is representative of their faith.

So take a chill pill, grab a beer, and get over it.

Actually, it's on public property..

GeorgiiMichael

Still not offended. Also, I doubt it's public property if it's ChurchMilitant.tv's headquarters.

PhuturePriest

False. It is private property. They own the building. Whether it's residential or not doesn't matter. They own it, not the government.

I don't care what you say, my joke about him making her do the taxes was funny. :P

You will always care what IceyP says. ALWAYS.