An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disappointed In Lack Of Respect For Americans Warriors

Knot Wize

I forgot: There is a distinction to be made between soldiers and the Federal government. Soldiers exist to protect the people, with the Federal government as a means of aiding them in the pursuit. The Federal government is a mere tool. It is a manager. The people are the employers of the soldiers (according to the rhetoric). I would love to see the military fulfill its oath. We'd practically have an all new Congress, when they got done. Everyone who voted for the FISA renewal would be gone, nevermind those who voted for the PATRIOT act.

PhuturePriest

Your sixteen, let me know how you feel in 10 years.

Are you implying that in ten years I will have more allegiance to America than Catholicism?

Well as a teacher I know some students who don't say the pledge of allegiance for their own reasons, but they love our country very much.

I know a Quaker who refuses to fight for his country, but he is quite willing to die for his country should the time come. He is as good an American as any. I think the external litmus test is a bad idea and it reeks of Soviet politics.

Flying a flag is not a litmus test, not flying a flay is perfecting fine.  But flying a foreign flag over your own country's is a litmus test. 

IcePrincessKRS

I have a bigger problem with my neighbor who is a major and delegates his US flag to the back yard and has 3 sports team flags flying off his front porch than I do with someone flying only the Vatican flag. I agree, I would be somewhat miffed by someone flying only the Chinese or British, or Italian or whatever flag instead of the US flag. The Vatican flag embodies much more (for me) than just what it represents as a city state (and has been explained much better than I could by other people within this thread).

PhuturePriest

Flying a flag is not a litmus test, not flying a flay is perfecting fine.  But flying a foreign flag over your own country's is a litmus test. 

The Vatican flag is not a foreign flag. It is a Catholic flag. It represents Catholicism.

I have a bigger problem with my neighbor who is a major and delegates his US flag to the back yard and has 3 sports team flags flying off his front porch than I do with someone flying only the Vatican flag. I agree, I would be somewhat miffed by someone flying only the Chinese or British, or Italian or whatever flag instead of the US flag. The Vatican flag embodies much more (for me) than just what it represents as a city state (and has been explained much better than I could by other people within this thread).

I'd have a big problem with that also.

Are you implying that in ten years I will have more allegiance to America than Catholicism?

No, I don't fight with children..

KnightofChrist

I hate war and pray for peace everyday as any sane warrior does. If you read the CM's response, it never states a reason for only fllying the Vatican flag as many here have given valid reasons for. That in itself is disrespectful

God Bless.

His audience isnt all American though, most are sure, but not the sole numbers of his viewers. Plus his main focus is the Church, not America. Edited by KnightofChrist

Roamin Catholic

So you don't vote either or pay taxes? Please also.. Don't call the police or the fire department for help, tell the FBI to ignore any terrorists living in you neighborhood because you don't care about the US or its causes.

I don't pay taxes.

PhuturePriest

No, I don't fight with children..

Well, you can belittle my opinion because I'm not the magical age of 26 if you like. But I still have an opinion whether you deem it unpatriotic or not. And as for your comment about moving to the Vatican (Though not directed at me), I'd move there in a heartbeat. That is, if civilians could live there.

KnightofChrist

I don't pay taxes.

I don't either but I'm not married with children and I live in a van down by the river...