An Old School Catholic Message Board

Joe Biden Really A Catholic?

T-fish

GregorMendel

He said quite clearly at the vice-presidential debate that he knew what the Church said about abortion and personally believed it, but he refuses to "impose his beliefs on others." In essence: I don't really care what the Church says. Do what you want.

Thats not it at all. We are all capable of coming to our own decisions about moral issue and free to follow the teachings of our individual faiths. Beyond this, we are not free to impose these beliefs on others.

Or is it that you dont believe in individual liberty?

If I was Pope, I wouldn't expect anyone to kiss my ring. I'd rather them go out and kiss the lepers.

Who would want to inflict Biden's presence on a group of poor lepers?

PhuturePriest

Thats not it at all. We are all capable of coming to our own decisions about moral issue and free to follow the teachings of our individual faiths. Beyond this, we are not free to impose these beliefs on others.

Or is it that you dont believe in individual liberty?

The Church has stated abortion is evil and we must do all we can to stop it from being legal. We are supposed to "impose" our beliefs on others. If people were being shot in the street, would you choose not to do anything, so you didn't "impose" your beliefs on others?

The Church has stated abortion is evil and we must do all we can to stop it from being legal. We are supposed to "impose" our beliefs on others. If people were being shot in the street, would you choose not to do anything, so you didn't "impose" your beliefs on others?

I think there is too much time wasted on anti-abortion and not enough time and money spent on saving children who are born into the world....who can be shot in the streets.

The Church should teach: Procreation, not recreation!

Instead I was shown pictures of aborted fetuses by a Franciscan monk. Nice. That's all I remember from that slide show.

PhuturePriest

I think there is too much time wasted on anti-abortion and not enough time and money spent on saving children who are born into the world....who can be shot in the streets.

The Church should teach: Procreation, not recreation!

Instead I was shown pictures of aborted fetuses by a Franciscan monk. Nice. That's all I remember from that slide show.

I think the Catholic missionaries in Africa might disagree that the Church doesn't focus enough on children already alive.

True dat!

The world is going to hell in a rice bowl.

So many problems in our own countries. We should just be professing The Word.

Thanks to Catholic politicians like Biden, he's helping spread the wrong word and making the Church look bad.

A De Sales told me he wonders when he's going to be sanctioned by the state if he doesn't perform a homosexual civil union.

It's almost a hate crime to say "no" to that anymore. But then again. This is not the Kingdom of Heaven.

Why should I worry.....