An Old School Catholic Message Board

Joe Biden Really A Catholic?

T-fish

Would Joe Biden still be considered a Roman Catholic even though he is a liberal politician professing civil rights as human rights?

And what about the one who ran with Mitt Romney?

I forget his name.

Evangetholic

Civil rights?

Biden's Catholic (some are disagreeing vehemently, but he is). He's a misguided one though. We dare not and judge the man's soul, but we'd be committing a grave error by not judging his actions. His stated politics stand in radical opposition to revealed truth. I'll be charitable enough to believe that this isn't really his fault, that he's just been taken over by the permissiveness of some members of the hierarchy and the general thought process that modern (and ancient pagan) man has embraced.

I consider Romney's running mate to have been a problematic Catholic as well--he seems to disagree with the economic/social justice teachings--but as these are not infallible, I'm not especially worried.

I agree with Evangetholic. Biden is misguided. Paul Ryan(Mitt Romney's running mate), the only problem I had with him is helping the poor issue. I could not see find anything else but I might be wrong.

Who ain't a misguided Catholic?

If we were guided correctly we would be the latter day Saints.

The priest at my church refused to give Biden the magic wafer, but he still got it from the Eucharist minister in the back of the church.

If you are a Catholic, you can't run the country with a mormon or an muzzie. You could become an episcopalian though.

Voting for a mormon would be like Jesus Christ voting for governor of Jewsalem. 

Wtf does that mean? Are you saying I'm just trolling this place? Oh, maybe i'm trolling for fish. Not many keepers.

So that answers my question....this place is for real.

Holy Shit!

Nihil Obstat

I feel called to the grave duty of chastising thee for a third time. Each chastisement is exponentially more severe than the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7lp9umG2I

Thou hast been warned, foolish one. Amend thy ways or face further chastisements.

Evangetholic

Who ain't a misguided Catholic?

If we were guided correctly we would be the latter day Saints.

The priest at my church refused to give Biden the magic wafer, but he still got it from the Eucharist minister in the back of the church.

If you are a Catholic, you can't run the country with a mormon or an muzzie. You could become an episcopalian though.

Voting for a mormon would be like Jesus Christ voting for governor of Jewsalem. 

blasphemy-hell.jpg

This is a better response. Ignore my other two.

Basilisa Marie

Would Joe Biden still be considered a Roman Catholic even though he is a liberal politician professing civil rights as human rights?

And what about the one who ran with Mitt Romney?

I forget his name.

He's considered a Roman Catholic because he has a valid baptism, unless he someday decides to renounce his baptism. 

Whether or not he's in full communion with the Church is another story, but he is definitely a Catholic. 

Nihil Obstat

He's considered a Roman Catholic because he has a valid baptism, unless he someday decides to renounce his baptism. 

Whether or not he's in full communion with the Church is another story, but he is definitely a Catholic. 

On that note, I think it is true that under the new Code of Canon Law, there is no way to formally apostatize. 

Evangetholic

Most people already at bottom believe "Once a Catholic, always a Catholic." My mother is somewhere referring to herself as a Catholic right now.

On that note, I think it is true that under the new Code of Canon Law, there is no way to formally apostatize. 

I bet Julian the Apostate would have liked the new Latin code.