An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism

ithinkjesusiscool

Reyb, I created the internet.

Do you believe what I just said, and if so why do you believe it? Or do you reject my comment as untrue, and why do you reject it?

You have provided no evidence to back up your claims to have seen Christ. Until you do that it is really quite impossible for me to accept your testimony.

As I have said, my word is my proof and no more than that. I will wait for someone who will truly testify about me and that someone must see Jesus Christ too. Otherwise, his testimony is useless. You are obviously excluded from it. It is okay, my friend. I am not lying to you. I do not convince anyone.

Edited by reyb

Reyb, I created the internet.

Do you believe what I just said, and if so why do you believe it? Or do you reject my comment as untrue, and why do you reject it?

I am not saying, you have to  believe me if you do not want. Neither, your approval becomes an honorary badge for me unless you have seen my Lord. That is how it works. Meaning, your comment is yours and I have nothing to do with it.

Edited by reyb

havok579257

There are many issues about these four Gospels and  its writers. Since you are trying to argue that John and Matthew are the true writers of these books and they are the same ‘disciples’ of Jesus while he still here on earth and therefore, proving that his coming is a ‘historical reality. I think you must see this lecture. (http://avaxhome.bz/ebooks/religion/New_Testament-Bart_D_Ehrman.html).

There will be a bigger questions if these gospels are not ‘stories’  because it is either the writers of these Four Gospels are not having the same Holy Spirit (since there are discrepancies in their accounts) or God’s revelation itself is not ‘perfect in every way’ as seen by these disciples (Matthew and John).

Anyway, I will prepare a better presentation on this issue. Thank you for your input since you give me  something to think while I am doing my letter. I hope I can do it well.

So, please see this first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6LqkeUag8

this is not an answer to my questions.  seriously, what is this?  this is not an answer.   I asked you question just like other did and you avoided the questions.  Reyb, why are you here?  To just run through your talking points and never answer questions?

What I'm saying is very simple Reyb, after today anytime you make a new thread, and for every new page in a old or new thread you post in, I will repeat the following.

===

When will you be answering these questions Reyb?

Did I not tell you before, I died although I am still living?  I really cannot imagine why it is a big thing for both of you. Do you think you will understand me if ever I told you that I saw my body turns into another body - which is a glorified body that is burning although never consumed? This is the reason why it is very important for you to see it yourself if you really want to know about it. But for me, I have no power to do it for you. 

this is not an answer to my questions.  seriously, what is this?  this is not an answer.   I asked you question just like other did and you avoided the questions.  Reyb, why are you here?  To just run through your talking points and never answer questions?

My answer it this. the Book of Matthew and Book of John are not written by Matthew and John the disciples of Jesus as narrated in the Gospel because as I said have before: These Gospels are just 'stories'. Now, if you believe in historicity of these Gospels. It is your choice and not mine. I am just questioning the historicity of your belief because it is against rationality or possibility to consider them happening in real world (like resurrection of saints, questions on chronological order of events, conflicting accounts of writers....etc). - and that is, for you to be informed. Now, if you do not want it, (again I will repeat it again). It is your choice and I will not force you to consider my views if you do not want it.

Edited by reyb

Why should I care what Bart Ehrman thinks? There are plenty of biblical scholars (past and present) who disagree with him. I suppose that Dr. Ehrman's opinions might trouble a Protestant, but if you reject the whole notion of "sola scriptura" then it follows that you are not going to be impacted in the same way. Do I believe the Gospel accounts relate the truth about Christ, His ministry, His death, resurrection, and ascension? Yes, and my own studies of the papyrus and manuscript sources reveal that the New Testament text is reliable, that is, that it has not undergone constant revision, but has remained stable since the early second century. 

Reyb, if you accept the views of Dr. Ehrman it follows that it is incumbent upon you to cease and desist from quoting sacred scripture (something that you do in a lot of your posts). I mean if you accept Ehrman's viewpoint you are ultimately quoting a worthless text, so why waste your time? 

Now let us get back to the real issue that needs clarification: What proof do you have that you have seen Christ? Please provide it so that I - and others here at Phatmass - can examine it to determine its authenticity. Thank you.

First, it is not for me to decide whether you will believe me or not. I said before, I will do my own testimony but it does not mean to convince anyone to believe me as such because I am not promoting myself  in doing it but my Lord Jesus Christ. It will bring them to Christ if they will seek for Him using that letter but it does not mean I will convince or force anyone if they do not want to believe me or read it. And if anyone see my Lord thru that letter then and only then, I have my price of having someone truly believing in me that I am a true witness of my Lord.

You said I am not a credible witness. Well, It is your choice not mine. For example, do you consider Prophet Muhammad as a true prophet of God? But for me, he is a true prophet of God. Now, did he force me or convice me?

The decision is yours my friend and not mine.

Again, you seem to say that the writer of Matthew and John are the same person in the Gospel narrative. So, what can I do?

Alas, since you have no evidence to support your assertions about being a "witness" to Christ, I guess my decision is a pretty easy one to make. As I see it you have given me no reasons to believe your odd theological views, and in fact much of what you say openly contradicts sacred scripture, and reveals you to be what St. John called an anti-Christ (see especially the 1st John on Christ coming in the flesh).

May God grant you many years, and may He also open your eyes to the light of His truth, which can only be experienced in His Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Alas, since you have no evidence to support your assertions about being a "witness" to Christ, I guess my decision is a pretty easy one to make. As I see it you have given me no reasons to believe your odd theological views, and in fact much of what you say openly contradicts sacred scripture, and reveals you to be what St. John called an anti-Christ (see especially the 1st John on Christ coming in the flesh).

May God grant you many years, and may He also open your eyes to the light of His truth, which can only be experienced in His Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

I think you really do not get me from the very beginning. I am not forcing you anything and I am just informing you of your present religious status or condition, that you believe everything by faith alone without any rational explanation. Now, if you really have rational explanation to whatever you accepted to be true then, help your teachers by explaining the rationality behind Jesus death which saves the world. (Post it in Why did Jesus have to die). 

homeschoolmom

Did I not tell you before, I died although I am still living?  I really cannot imagine why it is a big thing for both of you. Do you think you will understand me if ever I told you that I saw my body turns into another body - which is a glorified body that is burning although never consumed? This is the reason why it is very important for you to see it yourself if you really want to know about it. But for me, I have no power to do it for you. 

reyb--

Here's how you tell a story:

Okay, so last week I was in my kitchen making a grilled cheese sandwich when all of a sudden, smoke started billowing from one of the coils. I remembered not to toss water on an electrical fire. Instead, I got out the fire extinguisher and pointed at the base of the fire and sprayed it. Now I have to clean up my kitchen, I have no grilled cheese for lunch, and I'm probably going to need a new stove.

Setting: My kitchen, last week

Plot: made sandwich, saw smoke

Climax: Put out fire

Result: no sandwich, clean up, new stove

We need more than you're giving us....

I think what Reyb believe is this,

He believes in Jesus Christ. He not does believe Jesus Christ existed in the form of a human being. But that Jesus Christ only exits/existed in Spirit. It was God that revealed Jesus to him(Reyb). The Bible is a collection of fictional stories that Jesus is a character in those stories...i.e. fictional character.

Am I close Reyb?

reyb--

Okay, so last week I was in my kitchen making a grilled cheese sandwich when all of a sudden, smoke started billowing from one of the coils. I remembered not to toss water on an electrical fire. Instead, I got out the fire extinguisher and pointed at the base of the fire and sprayed it. Now I have to clean up my kitchen, I have no grilled cheese for lunch, and I'm probably going to need a new stove.

The reason is because, the very objective of our discussion is about ‘revelation of Christ’ which is beyond our talent. There will always be an ‘unfinished business’ even all of us come together as one and agree on all things we think in accordance with God’s will. This ‘unfinished business’ can only be settled by God alone because ‘He is the only one who can reveal his Christ’. But once you saw it then, everything is settled or ‘business is complete’ as far as you are concern. You are settled not because of your faith but because of 'revelation of Christ' itself.

As you can see, even after your early fathers practically defeated all their enemies whom they called ‘heretics’ none of them (or the entire Catholicism since the beginning) saw Jesus Christ the way Apostle Paul saw him. To me the reason is obvious. They give their energy in a wrong direction. 

My answer to your short story: Only God can give what you want

Edited by reyb

reyb--

I am so sorry about your grilled cheese. Have you considered a grilled cheese maker? 41iDRBNxu5L._AA160_.jpg

The reason is because, the very objective of our discussion is about ‘revelation of Christ’ which is beyond our talent. There will always be an ‘unfinished business’ even all of us come together as one and agree on all things we think in accordance with God’s will. This ‘unfinished business’ can only be settled by God alone because ‘He is the only one who can reveal his Christ’. But once you saw it then, everything is settled or ‘business is complete’ as far as you are concern.

As you can see, even after your early fathers practically defeated all their enemies whom they called ‘heretics’ none of them (or the entire Catholicism since the beginning) saw Jesus Christ the way Apostle Paul saw him. To me the reason is obvious. They give their energy in a wrong direction. 

My answer to your short story: Only God can give what you want

If Jesus did not exist, then neither did Saint Paul. Or did God privately reveal Saint Paul to you like He did Jesus. I must say, I am suspicious.  

Edited by Papist

I think what Reyb believe is this,

He believes in Jesus Christ. He not does believe Jesus Christ existed in the form of a human being. But that Jesus Christ only exits/existed in Spirit. It was God that revealed Jesus to him(Reyb). The Bible is a collection of fictional stories that Jesus is a character in those stories...i.e. fictional character.

Am I close Reyb?

What do you mean by 'fictional' and Jesus Christ only exist in Spirit?