An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism

ithinkjesusiscool

It's very hard to get past the fact you don't believe Jesus existed. Not the Son of God, not the third Person of the Holy Trinity....but an actual man Jesus. Even, atheists understand and believe that a man named Jesus existed.

Your dad does not exist.  Now that is stupid thing for me to say.

Why up to now you are insisting I must believe your Jesus? Can you give me one good reason?

But did you actually fall down as if dead? Did your hair turn white as snow? Were you struck with fear? What did His face look like?

I will come back on this because I am still do not know how to say it well. 

KnightofChrist

I will come back on this because I am still do not know how to say it well.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

I am blind but still I can see. I died  but still I am living. Actually, Apostle Paul is correct, I do not know whether in the body or outside the body, My body is burning but that body is not mine. This is the reason why you must 'see' it and then tell me how to say it to others without being branded as stupid. 

Prove to me that you saw Jesus.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

It is not as simple as that because I do not want to be misunderstood by anyone.  You are practically asking my testimony about my Lord. So, please give me some time because I will surely do it. Thank you for asking me about it. 

Edited by reyb

Why up to now you are insisting I must believe your Jesus? Can you give me one good reason?

I am not insisting you believe anything. If you stated you don't believe Jesus is who he says he is, I could move on with that. I don't see how we can move on when you state Jesus never existed, which implies all the historical evidence and documentation are lies.

Prove to me that you saw Jesus.

No one can do what you are asking because, in what way you want me to prove it to you? If what you are asking is the same as 'show him to you' then, only God can do it. Nevertheless, I will put in my heart your request or demand. But today, I have no other way to prove it to you other than to say 'I saw Him'. 

Edited by reyb

No one can do what you are asking because, in what way you want me to prove it to you? If what you are asking is the same as 'show him to you' then, only God can do it. Nevertheless, I will put in my heart your request or demand. But today, I have no other way to prove it to you other than to say 'I saw Him'. 

Thank you. So you have absolutely no proof that you have seen Jesus, which no doubt explains why much of what you say lacks coherence.

Evangetholic

I said I saw my Lord Jesus Christ when I used my ‘common sense’. Please do not misunderstand me on this because I am not saying, because of my ‘common sense’ I have known my Lord Jesus. Many times I said in this forum that only God can reveal his Christ to anyone who seeks. I want to make it clear.

I just want to point out that because I used my ‘common sense’, I believe God gave his mercy on me and reveal his Christ to me. Because, during that time while I am still seeking the truth, although I am an ordinary believer who have faith in Him and being a rational man he created, I did all my best in using my ‘common sense’ in knowing the truth. Thus, I believe God gave his mercy and reveal his Christ to me because my best, ability and all ‘common sense’ I have is not enough to know Him.

Now, please do not tell me I am not ‘sharing’ it with you - this ‘common sense’ - although I know I should not do it since it is innate in all of us as rational human beings but still, from the very beginning I join in this forum, I am always ‘sharing’ or ‘reminding’ you about it but you are not listening.

So, what is this ‘common sense’ I am talking about?

Let me give you an example. I know you believe in that piece of bread and wine as the true body and blood of Christ. Now, I am questioning the validity and truthfulness of this belief because I want you to come back to your senses seeing that this ‘bread and wine’ did not transform to whatever you are saying.

I am practically asking, where is your ‘common sense’ in believing this ’bread and wine’ turns into another thing?

This is the reason why I said (without any intention of insulting you).

So, you must come back to your senses and seek him with  your everything being a rational man and you will find Him. But up to now, you are not listening. What can I do?

1. You've misunderstood what I mean by "share."

2. You make no sense fellow.

I am not insisting you believe anything. If you stated you don't believe Jesus is who he says he is, I could move on with that. I don't see how we can move on when you state Jesus never existed, which implies all the historical evidence and documentation are lies.

Again, I will repeat what I said many times. Luke's letter is just a 'story' in a form of historical reality. He made that 'story' about the coming of Christ in order for anyone (us who will read his letter) to see Jesus in the same way they (all God's witnesses like Moses, Abraham, Jonah, Apostle Paul, Luke and ...many others) saw Him through God’s revelation and not through our talent in understanding that ‘story’.

Now, this Jesus you are telling is just a Character in that story made by Luke but the real one is when 'God reveal His Christ' to you using that  'story'. That is why I said, there is no historical Jesus because that Jesus is just a character in Luke's story and you will never find him in reality.The real one is ‘beneath’ that story. Your understanding of Luke’s letter is at the ‘outside’ of its story but there is a message in its ‘inside’. Again, there is no coming of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago because that ‘coming’ is just a story and not a reality. The true Jesus Christ comes when God reveal his Christ to you.

Now regading ‘documentation’ pertaining to this historical Jesus (your Jesus) outside of written testimony of witnessess or scripture. All of them are fabrication made by your early fathers like letter between King Agbarus of Edessa and Jesus, and Josephus’ letter. Now, if you do not believe me that they are fabrication then, tell me what is that ‘documentation’ you are saying. Let us see it together. Promise I am an open minded person and I will accept your Jesus if I can see them without the hint of being altered or fabricated in comparison with the letter of God’s witnessess themselves.

Thank you. So you have absolutely no proof that you have seen Jesus, which no doubt explains why much of what you say lacks coherence.

In what way you want me to prove it to you?

KnightofChrist

It is not as simple as that because I do not want to be misunderstood by anyone.  You are practically asking my testimony about my Lord. So, please give me some time because I will surely do it. Thank you for asking me about it.

When exactly can I expect your answer?

When exactly can I expect your answer?

I will call your attention.But I will do my best as soon as possible. Sorry I am not that competent to do it now.