An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism

ithinkjesusiscool

Why?

I have never seen Napoleon, but my common sense tells me he did exist.

I have never seen Jesus, therefore my common sense tells me he did not exist.

Those two statements are a contradiction.

That is how your common sense works but not to me because I saw my Lord Jesus when I used my common sense. So, your argument regarding ‘contradictions’ in using common sense will not work with me. Maybe you are not using your common sense too well. Try it, Bro.

Edited by reyb

Evangetholic

You seek logic--look instead for obdurate, and almost willful, refusal to believe the truth. 

Evangetholic

That is how your common sense works but not to me because I saw my Lord Jesus when I used my common sense. So, your argument regarding ‘contradictions’ in using common sense will not work with me. Maybe you are not using your common sense too well. Try it, Bro.

Common sense is "common" in the sense of being shared if you often find your common sense to be at odds with that of others your choices are:

a) the world is mad

b) you are mad (ie, you have no sense)

c) your sense is uncommon

My common sense tells your common sense does not exist b/c I never seen it. Peace be with you.... bro!

ithinkjesusiscool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99T9ry5NQBQ Alleluia!

Common sense is "common" in the sense of being shared if you often find your common sense to be at odds with that of others your choices are:

a) the world is mad

b) you are mad (ie, you have no sense)

c) your sense is uncommon

My common sense tells your common sense does not exist b/c I never seen it. Peace be with you.... bro!

I said I saw my Lord Jesus Christ when I used my ‘common sense’. Please do not misunderstand me on this because I am not saying, because of my ‘common sense’ I have known my Lord Jesus. Many times I said in this forum that only God can reveal his Christ to anyone who seeks. I want to make it clear.

I just want to point out that because I used my ‘common sense’, I believe God gave his mercy on me and reveal his Christ to me. Because, during that time while I am still seeking the truth, although I am an ordinary believer who have faith in Him and being a rational man he created, I did all my best in using my ‘common sense’ in knowing the truth. Thus, I believe God gave his mercy and reveal his Christ to me because my best, ability and all ‘common sense’ I have is not enough to know Him.

Now, please do not tell me I am not ‘sharing’ it with you - this ‘common sense’ - although I know I should not do it since it is innate in all of us as rational human beings but still, from the very beginning I join in this forum, I am always ‘sharing’ or ‘reminding’ you about it but you are not listening.

So, what is this ‘common sense’ I am talking about?

Let me give you an example. I know you believe in that piece of bread and wine as the true body and blood of Christ. Now, I am questioning the validity and truthfulness of this belief because I want you to come back to your senses seeing that this ‘bread and wine’ did not transform to whatever you are saying.

I am practically asking, where is your ‘common sense’ in believing this ’bread and wine’ turns into another thing?

This is the reason why I said (without any intention of insulting you).

reyb, on 12 Mar 2013 - 18:52, said:

So, you must come back to your senses and seek him with  your everything being a rational man and you will find Him. But up to now, you are not listening. What can I do?

Edited by reyb

KnightofChrist

I said I saw my Lord Jesus Christ when I used my ‘common sense’.

When you saw the Lord Jesus Christ what happened? Did you fall at His as dead?

KnightofChrist

FGbabyslam.gif

Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it FOREVER JUST BECAUSE THIS IS THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END, IT JUST KEEPS GOING ON MY FRIEND... Edited by KnightofChrist

When you saw the Lord Jesus Christ what happened? Did you fall at His as dead?

I am blind but still I can see. I died  but still I am living. Actually, Apostle Paul is correct, I do not know whether in the body or outside the body, My body is burning but that body is not mine. This is the reason why you must 'see' it and then tell me how to say it to others without being branded as stupid. 

KnightofChrist

I am blind but still I can see. I died  but still I am living. Actually, Apostle Paul is correct, I do not know whether in the body or outside the body, My body is burning but that body is not mine. This is the reason why you must 'see' it and then tell me how to say it to others without being branded as stupid.

But did you actually fall down as if dead? Did your hair turn white as snow? Were you struck with fear? What did His face look like?

It's very hard to get past the fact you don't believe Jesus existed. Not the Son of God, not the third Person of the Holy Trinity....but an actual man Jesus. Even, atheists understand and believe that a man named Jesus existed.

Your dad does not exist.  Now that is stupid thing for me to say.