An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism

ithinkjesusiscool

Are you not uncomfortable using scripture to refute scripture? 

Paul.

Okay. So, in what way Apostle Paul saw Jesus? Can you please tell me? Did he saw Jesus in 'bodily' form as you are picturing your Jesus?

Edited by reyb

Paul who?

Okay. So, in what way Apostle Paul saw Jesus? Can you please tell me? Did he saw Jesus in 'bodily' form as you are picturing your Jesus?

Yes, I will do my testimony but not in your understanding of what I saw. I already told you my reasons. Please read all my previous post.

talking_to_a_brick_wall.jpg

Jesus who?

obviously Apostle Paul did not see a Jesus in 'human bodily form' but as 'Light'. As it is written in Acts 26:12-14

12 "On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13 About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, '
NIV

John 9:1-7
9:1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 

3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

6 Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. 7 "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. 
NIV

Now, my question is: Do they (Jesus companion in this Gospel) see Him as 'Light from Heaven'?

Edited by reyb

Reyb, you keep quoting scripture, which really makes no sense if you accept Dr. Ehrman's views, because he holds that the book of Acts and the Gospel of John (along with the other Gospels) are forged texts written generations after Christ, and as such they cannot be trusted. You are - once again - being logically inconsistent. Please stop quoting texts as sources that you in fact reject as spurious.

Reyb, you keep quoting scripture, which really makes no sense if you accept Dr. Ehrman's views, because he holds that the book of Acts and the Gospel of John (along with the other Gospels) are forged texts written generations after Christ, and as such they cannot be trusted. You are - once again - being logically inconsistent. Please stop quoting texts as sources that you in fact reject as spurious.

I will post my answer on  'Is It Important?'  for continuity of our discussion on this issue.