An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism

ithinkjesusiscool

ithinkjesusiscool

I have tried to become Catholic but it's difficult for me.

I have met a lot of beautiful non-Catholic people who are very loving. How can this be if Catholicism is the true religion? Maybe we don't have to become Catholic in order to be loving?

You dont need religion to possess moral virtue but you do need the faith to reach more advanced spirituality. Eitherway, dont see why natural goodness would disuade you from Catholicism, they're not mutually exclusive.

There are many beautiful (inside and out) people too in Catholicism. Ugliness only comes when they begin to claim everything by faith. To me, bloodcurdling Catholics are their priest and bishops because after they eat the flesh and drink the blood of their Saviour, they feel very satisfied and happy. There are clapping and singing. I really cannot imagine how come they can stomach such ‘horrendous’ scene. (If whatever they say and claim regarding this is true). Will you feel very happy if you will eat your spouse so that you may live? I don’t think so.

Anyway, there are really many beautiful Catholics since they do not really think it that way.

Edited by reyb

I have tried to become Catholic but it's difficult for me.

I have met a lot of beautiful non-Catholic people who are very loving. How can this be if Catholicism is the true religion? Maybe we don't have to become Catholic in order to be loving?

Why would Christ found a Church, if the Church was unnecessary?

Practicing Catholicism without love is crap...Belief in the Bible without love is crap..Belief in God without love is crap...One of the kindest people I know doesn't step foot in a church or even call herself christian...Although I pray she gets baptized...Anyhow the Catholic Church teaches loving God and going to Heaven doesn't require one becomes Catholic...It only requires one become Catholic when they come to full understanding one must become Catholic to love God and go to Heaven...Haha...Its deep like that...Its all love though God is good...Peaceeeee...

Edited by Guest

ithinkjesusiscool

are you debating this with a non-Catholic?

I don't know. Catholicism is too confusing to me.

There are many beautiful (inside and out) people too in Catholicism. Ugliness only comes when they begin to claim everything by faith. To me, bloodcurdling Catholics are their priest and bishops because after they eat the flesh and drink the blood of their Saviour, they feel very satisfied and happy. There are clapping and singing. I really cannot imagine how come they can stomach such ‘horrendous’ scene. (If whatever they say and claim regarding this is true). Will you feel very happy if you will eat your spouse so that you may live? I don’t think so.

Anyway, there are really many beautiful Catholics since they do not really think it that way.

Oh, I get it now. You're Celsus the pagan, and you're back from the dead. 

Edited by Selah

Anastasia13

You dont need religion to possess moral virtue but you do need the faith to reach more advanced spirituality. Eitherway, dont see why natural goodness would disuade you from Catholicism, they're not mutually exclusive.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that cometh to God, must believe that he is, and is a rewarder to them that seek him.

Anastasia13

I heard this answer that I really liked from a Christian minister on youtube talking about organized religion. If you are not part of a church, then you can still have spirituality, but you have to start from scratch. If you are part of the church, then you can benefit from the spirituality of those who have come before

Being a part of it doesn't mean you can't benefit from what it outside of the church, it means you connect more deeply with what is inside of it.  If you really want to be a loving person, you should love yourself as well. "Love your neighbor as yourself." If you would wish others to have a chance to live deeply, spiritually, not just materially, you owe it to yourself to pursue that. You should not make your choices based simply on leaving what is confusing but on walking toward what makes sense. Does something there make sense? Pursue that. Make inquiry into what you do not.

Edited by Light and Truth

are you debating this with a non-Catholic?

I don't know. Catholicism is too confusing to me.

What's confusing?

So Catholics that do not believe in the teachings of the Church are beautiful.  So what does that make the obedient, faithful Catholics, rotten?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that cometh to God, must believe that he is, and is a rewarder to them that seek him.

This is unrelated to the possibility of moral goodness in a non-Catholic (or non-Christian for that matter.)

Oh, I get it now. You're Celsus the pagan, and you're back from the dead. 

Are you referring to this? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsus).  Can you please explain to me why they (your early fathers) have the habit of destroying and burning their opponents’ works? Why it is not enough for them to prove that these people are in error using their own erroneous works? Do they hide something for us to see? Or they do not trust you that you will favour them if ever you will see these letters?

Anyway, thankyou for your info.

You are now beginning to look ugly because you are proclaiming a belief as if it is already a proven reality. Do you think you are treating us ‘fairly’, in questioning whether we believe that he founded your Catholic Church or not, without proving first the very existence of your Jesus? Prove first the very existence of your historical Jesus and then we can discuss whether your church is important or not.