An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theological Junk, Yo

the171

Basilisa Marie

I fangirl over many things.

Truer words have not been spoken.  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

Beati Pacifici

I AM OPEN TO PHILOSOPHY. I LOVE PHILOSPHY. GIVE ME ALL THEM SACRED SCIENCES.

Don't say that. . .or someone will give you an Allan Kardec book.

Nihil Obstat

I JUST WANT TO EARN A DOCTORATE IN THEOLOGY WITHOUT HAVING TO DONATE A KIDNEY.

I am unconvinced that that would count as a donation. :|

PhuturePriest

I JUST WANT TO EARN A DOCTORATE IN THEOLOGY WITHOUT HAVING TO DONATE A KIDNEY.

Sweet chimichinga. You want a doctorate? I feel bad for complaining about the price of getting a bachelor's degree...

Sweet chimichinga. You want a doctorate? I feel bad for complaining about the price of getting a bachelor's degree...

Guess what my goal is after that: high school educator. What am I doing with my life?

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

MORE MIND-MELTING

PhuturePriest

Guess what my goal is after that: high school educator. What am I doing with my life?

If I may recommend anything (And I say this because I want to be a high school teacher as well), perhaps you should not focus on getting a doctorate. A bachelor's degree is all you need for high school education. Anything else is gravy, and you and I both know "gravy" is codeword for "millions of dollars". Maybe you should think about getting a four-year degree, start teaching, then start to take a few classes every year and slowly get a higher degree, rather than fully enrolling in a school and spending more money without making any?

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

MORE MIND-MELTING

And as for mind-melting, I defy you to read Scott Hahn's New Testament study-guide and not have your mind trapped in a glass box of emotion.

If I may recommend anything (And I say this because I want to be a high school teacher as well), perhaps you should not focus on getting a doctorate. A bachelor's degree is all you need for high school education. Anything else is gravy, and you and I both know "gravy" is codeword for "millions of dollars". Maybe you should think about getting a four-year degree, start teaching, then start to take a few classes every year and slowly get a higher degree, rather than fully enrolling in a school and spending more money without making any?

Doctorate is long-term goal.

Nihil Obstat

Around here I believe you need a Masters' to teach in the school system at any level. There are several programs specifically designed to get you through the Bachelor and Master classes over a somewhat condensed time period.

And as for mind-melting, I defy you to read Scott Hahn's New Testament study-guide and not have your mind trapped in a glass box of emotion.

I'm looking for more than Dr. Hahn can offer me.

Around here I believe you need a Masters' to teach in the school system at any level. There are several programs specifically designed to get you through the Bachelor and Master classes over a somewhat condensed time period.

This is Louisiana. Have you seen what has been going on down in our education system?

Nihil Obstat

This is Louisiana. Have you seen what has been going on down in our education system?

Nope.

PhuturePriest

In America, to teach, all you need is a bachelor's degree. A master's degree is nice, but unnecessary. Master's degree leans on the side of college professor.