An Old School Catholic Message Board

Today’s Christians Are All Idolaters

reyb

Let us set aside about this historical Jesus for a while and let us talk about this ‘two Jesuses’ first.

It is written 2 Cor 11:1-6

11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.

In the above verse (1 Cor 11:4) you can see that Apostle Paul is practically saying there is ‘another’ Jesus different from the Jesus they are preaching and these preachers (who preach this ‘other’ Jesus) are also called by Apostle Paul in 2 Cor 11:13 as ‘false apostles masquerading as apostles of Christ’.

These verses was also used by your early church fathers against their opponent during their time. I will post it later but I want you to tell me if you see it that way. That there are two different Jesus Apostle Paul is saying in above verses.

Now, if you have other ‘rendition’ or ‘meaning’ to these verses, Please do it now and I am willing to listen. Okay?

Edited by reyb

havok579257

Let us set aside about this historical Jesus for a while and let us talk about this ‘two Jesuses’ first.

It is written 2 Cor 11:1-6

11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.

In the above verse (1 Cor 11:4) you can see that Apostle Paul is practically saying there is ‘another’ Jesus different from the Jesus they are preaching and these preachers (who preach this ‘other’ Jesus) are also called by Apostle Paul in 2 Cor 11:13 as ‘false apostles masquerading as apostles of Christ’.

These verses was also used by your early church fathers against their opponent during their time. I will post it later but I want you to tell me if you see it that way. That there are two different Jesus Apostle Paul is saying in above verses.

Now, if you have other ‘rendition’ or ‘meaning’ to these verses, Please do it now and I am willing to listen. Okay?

so you believe there are 2 Jesus that are mentioned in the bible?  one that is in the gospels and one st Paul mentions.  no i don't see it reyb.  almost the entire worlds population from Jesus death until now have not seen it that way.  so are you under the contention that the Jesus in the gospels is a lie?  do you believe that the gospels are a lie and only the writings of st paul are real?  so do you not believe the bible is the word of God? 

reyb, what religon do you suscribe to?   you obviously got your beliefs from somewhere and if you could show me some information from them then I could try to better understand you points.  unless, did you just come to this all by yourself and no one anywhere else in the world believes this?  giving me a website where it is laid out will help me to better understand what your trying to say because your very confusing when you talk because you purposely hold back answers to questions.  So how about a little help?

Evangetholic

so you don't believe in the Jesus mentioned in the gospels?  you don;t believe he was a real person?  you believe it was all a lie?  we can't move on because i'm still not understanding you.  here's some advice, stop going on and on and give simple answers to these questions:

1. Do you believe the Jesus of the gospels was a real person and that everything in the gospels is accurate?

2. Is your Jesus a real person?

3. So are you saying your Jesus is different from the Jesus in the gospels and different from the Jesus nearly all christians pray to?

4. What church do you attend?  I take it you do go to some kind of service, which denomination is it?  Do you go to church at all?

5. Do you believe that the Jesus st.paul was talking about was a real person?  If not then was Peter lying when he was talking about Jesus, the Jesus he met.

6.  Where did you get your beliefs from?  From an organized religion or did you come to them 100% completely on your own.

I would appriciate simple answers to these questions and not going off a some tangent that does not answer these questions.  If you want people to try to listen to you and understand your points you have to be willing to answer their questions.  In the past I feel like you have not answered questions but run off of tangents.  So if you could pleased answer these simple questions with simple answers then we can move on.  thanks

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Catholic

5.Yes.

6. The Roman and Catholic Church.

See Reyb, easy.

so you believe there are 2 Jesus that are mentioned in the bible?  one that is in the gospels and one st Paul mentions.  no i don't see it reyb.  almost the entire worlds population from Jesus death until now have not seen it that way.  so are you under the contention that the Jesus in the gospels is a lie?  do you believe that the gospels are a lie and only the writings of st paul are real?  so do you not believe the bible is the word of God? 

reyb, what religon do you suscribe to?   you obviously got your beliefs from somewhere and if you could show me some information from them then I could try to better understand you points.  unless, did you just come to this all by yourself and no one anywhere else in the world believes this?  giving me a website where it is laid out will help me to better understand what your trying to say because your very confusing when you talk because you purposely hold back answers to questions.  So how about a little help?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Catholic

5.Yes.

6. The Roman and Catholic Church.

See Reyb, easy.

Please see my post in other topic - Catholicism. Read them first (all my previous post if you have time, please). 

Edited by reyb

havok579257

ok reyb, i am now under the impression you are not here to talk at all.  You refuse to answer questions at all.   Simple questions.  So until you will answer simple questions I am done with this.  Make no mistake, the reason I am done is because you refuse to answer simple questions.  I don't know why you come to this message boards if you refuse to answer questions and only spout talking points.

ok reyb, i am now under the impression you are not here to talk at all.  You refuse to answer questions at all.   Simple questions.  So until you will answer simple questions I am done with this.  Make no mistake, the reason I am done is because you refuse to answer simple questions.  I don't know why you come to this message boards if you refuse to answer questions and only spout talking points.

Please see my answer in other post.