An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Stupid, Never-ending Voris Debate

the171

If you don't like Voris' videos don't click the play button when you see one posted here. I think some people really overreact to what Voris says.  

Just to make it clear, I don't disagree too substantially with Basilia.  I simply think she's making more out of that video than is there.  . . . 

I agree.  I have watched the video and read the transcription provided earlier in the thread, and I see no reason to be offended.  

If you don't like Voris' videos don't click the play button when you see one posted here. I think some people really overreact to what Voris says.  

I agree.  I have watched the video and read the transcription provided earlier in the thread, and I see no reason to be offended.  

You don't see it. Fine. But a lot of people evidently do, and it isn't very nice of you to just dismiss and invalidate their feelings just because you don't feel the same way.

You don't see it. Fine. But a lot of people evidently do, and it isn't very nice of you to just dismiss and invalidate their feelings just because you don't feel the same way.

The offense lies in the person experiencing it, because there is nothing theological or historical in the video that should cause offense.  Does Voris have an aggressive style?  Yeah, he does.  But the content of the video contains nothing to be offended over.

The offense lies in the person experiencing it, because there is nothing theological or historical in the video that should cause offense.  Does Voris have an aggressive style?  Yeah, he does.  But the content of the video contains nothing to be offended over.

In your opinion. But others are clearly offended by it. You have no right to tell other people how they should or should not feel. 

The simple answer for those who do not like Voris is for them to avoid watching his videos.  No one can be forced to press the play button.

No one needs anyone else's permission to be offended.

Being offended like being angry is inherent to the person experiencing the emotion.  Sometimes there is cause for both of those things, but sometimes (like in the case of the video at the beginning of this thread) there is not.

It is not like Voris can excommunicate anyone.  

Postscript:  I should point out that - as an Eastern Christian - I am not really that interested in Voris' videos.

The simple answer for those who do not like Voris is for them to avoid watching his videos.  No one can be forced to press the play button.

Being offended like being angry is inherent to the person experiencing the emotion.  Sometimes there is cause for both of those things, but sometimes (like in the case of the video at the beginning of this thread) there is not.

The fact that you do not see cause does not actually make it absent. Voris is harsh, aggressive, and unpleasant to me and to some others here. The fact that you do not find him to be these things or see him as using weasel words in attempt to condemn that which the Church (in Her Wisdom) allows does not suggest that the rest of us are emotion driven fantasists. I think his way of delivering Church Teaching is problematic at times and that at others he attempts to make his personal dispositions and opinions synonymous with those of the Church.

I added my postscript in order to emphasize the fact that I have no real interest in Voris or what he has to say on theological matters, and that I posted in this thread only because I noticed that some people appear to be going out of their way to be offended by his videos. There is a lot of nitpicking going on, and much of the criticism directed at this particular video was founded upon the imaginations of those who do not like Voris. The Roman Church really does come off as massively divided when people attack videos that are supposedly advocating a Latin traditionalist point of view, and ironically it is the "Vatican II" Catholics who tend to come of as intolerant in these exchanges.

The fact that you do not see cause does not actually make it absent. Voris is harsh, aggressive, and unpleasant to me and to some others here. The fact that you do not find him to be these things or see him as using weasel words in attempt to condemn that which the Church (in Her Wisdom) allows does not suggest that the rest of us are emotion driven fantasists. I think his way of delivering Church Teaching is problematic at times and that at others he attempts to make his personal dispositions and opinions synonymous with those of the Church.

Don't watch his videos if you don't like his style.  I don't normally watch his videos.

Edited by Apotheoun

Is he a Traditionalist? I'm a Traditionalist I guess(have not read one sensible word from Vat II). If he is a Traditionalist then he is a Traditionalist who is also a pompous blowhard.

Postscript:  I should point out that - as an Eastern Christian - I am not really that interested in Voris' videos.

As a Latin Christian, I am not that interested either. :hehe: I have, over time, found more valuable people to listen to on any subject about which Mr. Voris tends to speak. 

Edited by Nihil Obstat