An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Stupid, Never-ending Voris Debate

the171

Oh, so it's okay for Papist to have a problem with Voris' methods, but it's irrational for me to have a problem with Voris' methods? 

I don't think it's irrational of you to have a problem with his methods.

Oh, so it's okay for Papist to have a problem with Voris' methods, but it's irrational for me to have a problem with Voris' methods? 

I think you're making way to much out of this.  I never said that.  I also wasn't being very serious with that post. 

I don't think it's irrational of you to have a problem with his methods.

Neither do I.

Edited by Amppax

KnightofChrist

You forget Basilisa Marie, you're a woman so of course you're just irrational. 

Why do you and others like the name calling game and labeling so much? I'm not a sexist and I don't believe anyone that has disagreed with you or the others that agreed with you are sexist. Stop the name calling and labeling please.

You forget Basilisa Marie, you're a woman so of course you're just irrational. 

Did you ever consider that it is b/c I am just so razzle dazzle and not just b/c I am a man?

KnightofChrist

SERIOUSLY?!

SERIOUSLY GUYS?! 

WHAT?! I basically said numerous times it was cool or ok for you to have a personal problem with his methods too.

So explain to me how when Basilisa Marie or the171 or someone has a criticism, they are met with "you're seeing something that isn't there, you're being irrational, etc." yet when Papist or someone else has a criticism it's "okay, that' cool you're entitled to your opinion. 

So explain to me how when Basilisa Marie or the171 or someone has a criticism, they are met with "you're seeing something that isn't there, you're being irrational, etc." yet when Papist or someone else has a criticism it's "okay, that' cool you're entitled to your opinion. 

Christian charity demands that you not project motivations on someone. Perhaps you should be quicker to assume motivation that is not sinful.

I'd give my opinion as well, but my opinion on Voris is well known.  I've already stated previously that I find him to be a hypocritical pompous blowhard who causes more schism in the body of Christ than he does reconciliation; also, had he been the type of Catholic I had encountered during my conversion, I think it would have taken the Holy Spirit dragging me kicking and screaming into the Church, because if it is "by their fruits you shall know them", I would have considered the Catholic Church a poisonous tree.

I believe Voris is a divisive figure and should remember that often it is those who say they are doing the Lord's work, that are doing the greatest harm.  I believe that often, the Devil's greatest trick is not to make people think he does not exist, but rather, that one is doing the Lord's work.  (Oh look, I just backed up BM; if anyone took offense to that second sentence, they'd be linking things together the way they said she couldn't on the video. :P )

props

Christian charity demands that you not project motivations on someone. Perhaps you should be quicker to assume motivation that is not sinful.

Yet isn't that exactly what everyone has been doing about those who have criticisms of Voris' work? This discussion has been full of double standards. 

KnightofChrist

I told everyone many times now that they can have a negative opinion if they so wish. But if their going to accuse someone in public as if their opinions are facts that they need something more than opinion and feelings. Papist gave his dang opinion, he made it clear it was just his opinion. I don't agree with him and I think he is wrong. But it's just his opinion.

Yet isn't that exactly what everyone has been doing about those who have criticisms of Voris' work? This discussion has been full of double standards. 

No. Why would I be projecting any motivations on you or Basilisa? I simply think your criticisms were not very good ones. I hope you recognize the difference.

I told everyone many times now that they can have a negative opinion if they so wish. But if their going to accuse someone in public as if their opinions are facts that they need something more than opinion and feelings. Papist gave his dang opinion, he made it clear it was just his opinion. I don't agree with him and I think he is wrong. But it's just his opinion.

And all I have done is give my opinion. But apparently I have to give sources and back it all up with specific videos, yet you haven't asked Papist to do that. 

And all I have done is give my opinion. But apparently I have to give sources and back it all up with specific videos, yet you haven't asked Papist to do that. 

You made a few specific claims about what Voris has said which you, thus far, have not backed up. I am sure you are not lying, but we cannot proceed further without seeing the actual source.