An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Stupid, Never-ending Voris Debate

the171

Basilisa Marie

Voris' hair: totally not nifty

Hey, better find a guy to restate your opinion for you - otherwise they'll write it off as irrational, irrelevant feelings.  :|

:bananarap:  :bananarap:  :bananarap:

Hey, better find a guy to restate your opinion for you - otherwise they'll write it off as irrational, irrelevant feelings. :|

:bananarap: :bananarap: :bananarap:

Dirty, rad trad misogynists all of them!!

Beards are dirty.

Mine is quite clean. I wash it every day. I have several people of irreproachable character who will vouch for this unless they are in a trolling mood. Which is probable.

I think many of the people who get upset because of Voris' videos do so because he has an acerbic style of delivery. Some may also be jealous of his nifty hair style.

As a bald man who shaves his head with a razor my envy for Voris's hair cannot be put into words...I'm sure its a mortal sin but I'm not repenting...

Summary of this thread: Basilisa Marie gave sensible, well reasoned criticisms of Voris but she's just a man-hater and her little female brain is over-reacting. Evangetholic says pretty much the same things and woo he's smart and we'll accept his opinion. 

I'd give my opinions but I'm a woman so they're clearly just me being an overly sensitive little girl. 

Edited by EmilyAnn

I used to appreciate Voris, but after a while (didn't take long) all his whining and complaining got stale. I don't know why (nor care) he spends so much energy pointing out how so-and-so ain't doing Catholic this or Catholic that right. I always thought he was condescending, which probably appealed to me at first b/c the things he was pointing out made me feel like I was doing Catholic right. Then I recognized that was my pride, which put a new light on my view of Voris' work. I have moved on. I no longer care and don't want to hear his (or anyone else's) stories of "bad Catholics".  One does not become virtuous by comparison.

Summary of this thread: Basilisa Marie gave sensible, well reasoned criticisms of Voris but she's just a man-hater and her little female brain is over-reacting. Evangetholic says pretty much the same things and woo he's smart and we'll accept his opinion. 

I'd give my opinions but I'm a woman so they're clearly just me being an overly sensitive little girl. 

Not to mention your British or something.

I used to appreciate Voris, but after a while (didn't take long) all his whining and complaining got stale. I don't know why (nor care) he spends so much energy pointing out how so-and-so ain't doing Catholic this or Catholic that right. I always thought he was condescending, which probably appealed to me at first b/c the things he was pointing out made me feel like I was doing Catholic right. Then I recognized that was my pride, which put a new light on my view of Voris' work. I have moved on. I no longer care and don't want to hear his (or anyone else's) stories of "bad Catholics".  One does not become virtuous by comparison.

Not to mention your British or something.

THANKYOU

And thus, at what point does whining and complaining become a problem...probably never, but it's something to watch.

Added to pointing out how people are doing it wrong.  Is he correct?  More often than not.  Is it done with Biblical charity?  Not that I've seen.  Is it addressed to people who can make a change?  Almost never.

I daresay the whole part of stories of "bad catholics" and feeling pride his the nail on the head.  It's the same reason why, even if I can wear pants to a traditional mass and am not blocked by the door poliece, I choose not to attend.  Id rather attend a Ordinary Form where people don't believe themselves to be superiour.  I'm very sensitive to it and it causes me to flee like the wind.

KnightofChrist

"EmilyAnn" post="2549098" timestamp="1361962432"]

What a load of poopy poop poop. I don't accept Evangetholic's opinions and he should source his bullet points, to back up his claims with proof. I didn't want to debate him last night because I thought it more important to welcome him back, debating can often be seen as unwelcoming, plus I wanted to watch Netflix which is far more entertaining. Edited by KnightofChrist