An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Stupid, Never-ending Voris Debate

the171

Basilisa Marie

Not all of them, but the ones I have read seem to be in need of clarification from Rome. (Please no one interpret this as adenial of the validity of the council.)

Well, if it helps, they were written purposefully vague because even those at the council weren't sure how to get specific about them in a way that everyone (or mostly everyone) agreed with.  Example: The Ottaviani/Frings debate. More people should know about it.  It's pretty fantastic. Also a certain Fr. Ratzinger was the personal expert theologian to Frings.  :)  But both sides had really, really good points. 

Sacrosactam Concilium is cool. You wouldn't know it by a lot of liturgies today, but it talks about Latin being cool and chant taking a pride of place when it comes to liturgical music. 

I've read some of the documents in classes, and a little on my own. This is a pretty good article about the hermeneutic of continuity that the Holy Father (or has he already resigned?) says need to be the view through which we read the documents:  http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/articles.cfm?id=296  I haven't read the whole article, because I should really be studying for a midterm, but it seems pretty good from my first glance.  

Edited by Amppax

KnightofChrist

Some thoughts came to me last night, what if Michael Voris talked about Phatmass and Phatmassers as much as Phatmassers talk about Michael Voris? It would probably cause a denial of service and timeouts lolol.

Or what if Phatmassers were publicly criticized to the same degree as Michael Voris? Would anyone of us be able to handle that kind of burden? I know that I would not.

Just some thoughts.

Some thoughts came to me last night, what if Michael Voris talked about Phatmass and Phatmassers as much as Phatmassers talk about Michael Voris? It would probably cause a denial of service and timeouts lolol.

Or what if Phatmassers were publicly criticized to the same degree as Michael Voris? Would anyone of us be able to handle that kind of burden? I know that I would not.

Just some thoughts.

That is a valuable thought. As Catholics we do recognize that there is a certain right to a good reputation, so if nothing else there is a very heavy and grave responsibility on the shoulders of the person making criticisms, that they have determined that damaging of that person's reputation is justified.

"To avoid rash judgment, everyone should be careful to interpret insofar as possible his neighbor's thoughts, words, and deeds in a favorable way:

"Every good Christian ought to be more ready to give a favorable interpretation to another's statement than to condemn it. But if he cannot do so, let him ask how the other understands it. And if the latter understands it badly, let the former correct him with love. If that does not suffice, let the Christian try all suitable ways to bring the other to a correct interpretation so that he may be saved." Edited by Nihil Obstat

Just some thoughts.

I am SO thankful that what happens on phatmass, stays on phatmass.

PhuturePriest

I am SO thankful that what happens on phatmass, stays on phatmass.

...Is that the policy? Because I've been telling my sister about every stupid major debate that altered peoples' lives since I got on here... :unsure:

...Is that the policy? Because I've been telling my sister about every stupid major debate that altered peoples' lives since I got on here... :unsure:

Phatmass doesn't really have any serious debate at the present time.  The era of serious debates was 2006-2009.

Now it seems to be filled with threads about how people are offended by various videos, which is hardly a debate.

"Michael Voris" sounds like a rip snorting, Viking God of rip snorting.

Seriously, like the sound a stallion makes out his nose when riding into battle.