An Old School Catholic Message Board

Father Corapi Has Returned To Monastery

I never believed that Corapi was anything but a fraud. That was strong reason to doubt him long before it came outed that he had a massive estate, was conducting an affair, was sexting et cetera when it became very clear that he just made up out of whole cloth to have been a Green Beret. Corapi being a liar and a fraud wasn't a recent development. So yes, I am butthurt. I know people who believed in this cretin and who were crushed when the proof became undeniable that he was a giant pile of poo. If he has, for the first time that In his adult life, decided to begin the process of turning himself into something other than a genuinely loathsome human being then that's fine and good. He can return quietly to the monastery and never make any contact with the public again. Ever.

Edited by Hasan

Ash Wednesday

I have searched and found no update of the sort. But a quiet return to a monastery is news that I would happily welcome. 

I never believed that Corapi was anything but a fraud. That was strong reason to doubt him long before it came outed that he had a massive estate, was conducting an affair, was sexting et cetera when it became very clear that he just made up out of whole cloth to have been a Green Beret. Corapi being a liar and a fraud wasn't a recent development. So yes, I am butthurt. I know people who believed in this cretin and who were crushed when the proof became undeniable that he was a giant pile of poo. If he has, for the first time that In his adult life, decided to begin the process of turning himself into something other than a genuinely loathsome human being then that's fine and good. He can return quietly to the monastery and never make any contact with the public again. Ever.

LogInEye.jpg

Basilisa Marie

I know lots of people who really like Fr. Corapi's sermons.  I personally thought he put too much emphasis on his own conversion story and mission and not enough on Jesus and the Church, especially for a priest.  I don't think it'd be good for him to return to something as public as he was doing before, but I'm glad he's returned to the monastery.  

Edited by Basilisa Marie

PhuturePriest

I was always a fan of Father Corapi, and though I agree he shouldn't be in the public eye anymore, I am so glad he entered a Monastery. He hasn't been doing anything with his Black Sheepdog thing for months, and he took the site off a long time ago, so I figured something was going on.

TheLordsSouljah

I was always a fan of Father Corapi, and though I agree he shouldn't be in the public eye anymore, I am so glad he entered a Monastery. He hasn't been doing anything with his Black Sheepdog thing for months, and he took the site off a long time ago, so I figured something was going on.

Yeah, same. Though I must admit that I was a bit creeped out by the Black Sheepdog site. 

Hassan you hate hard bro...You should chill a lil bit...Prayers for Corapi...Who's a sinner like all of us....

I think Hassan has a right to be angry, we all should.  I never liked Fr. Corapi for the same reasons I don't like Voris.  I think there two of a kind and I think it's only time until they both end up in a similar spot.

I love people like humble John Michael Talbot who preaches much the same thing but refuses applause and discourages people to give him praise.

I think that there are many people who have placed themselves purposely into positions of pseudo authority in the church.  We are looking for "heroes" so we then bolster them up to an quasi-God position

As a Catholic I am angry at not only him, but the numerous people around him that hid his disgustingly bad behavior and those in authority who gave him lauds for fire and brimstone speeches.  It is one of the reasons that I think traditionalism is rank with hypocrites and people with their own personal agendas.

Ash Wednesday

Real update: http://www.cdop.org/post/PostArticle.aspx?ID=1968

This looks like a pretty old article to me.

It is one of the reasons that I think traditionalism is rank with hypocrites and people with their own personal agendas.

Factions throughout the Church covering the entire ideological spectrum have hypocrites and personal agendas. You will find it among both traditionalists AND heterodox. The idea that it exists exclusively and is mostly problematic within just one group is pretty inaccurate.

My 2 cents on the Corapi matter in general:

1. Regarding the original post -- if you don't have any links or way to verify any updates or information and is anything less than a matter of public record, don't post it. Stuff like this is how false rumors get started.

2. I personally don't know whether or not Corapi was a sincere man who just had his demons as many of us do, or if he was a fraud -- I have my opinions and theories but there's nothing to be gained from sharing them at this point. We probably should just continue to keep the man in our prayers and keep our eyes on our own paper, so to speak. Given that it's Lent we really should be worrying a little more about our own flaws and a little less about the ones of someone else.

Edited by Ash Wednesday