An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Catholics Form Doctrines?

Evangetholic

If New Advent is to be trusted then the Catholic Church teaches both inerrancy and infallibilty of Scripture.

And it's nice to agree Dairygirl. :)

dairygirl4u2c

they probably consider whether the protestant is culpable for not going to confession. whether they were knowledgeable enough etc.

and if they didnt know any better... forgiven.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

I disown my "right" to not be Catholic.

Are you saying you are disowning your 'right' being a protestant? Or probably you are telling us you are owning your right 'not to be a Catholic'.Which is which?

(and then let us discuss this issue).

Groo the Wanderer

What do Catholics believe happens when a Protestant asks God to forgive him his sins?

No idea.  It's up to God, not us individually.

Too many qualifiers here.  Give a more specific situation

What do Catholics believe happens when a Protestant asks God to forgive him his sins?

No idea.  It's up to God, not us individually.

Too many qualifiers here.  Give a more specific situation

He is simply saying ‘whatever a Catholic gets a Protestant must have it too’. But the way I see it, both of you (Catholics and Protestants) are not yet confessing your sins against God.

As long as differences in opinion will not create divisiveness it is truly a God-given-blessings too because that differences  is the very reason why we realized the importance of knowing the truth and the sacredness of seeing the only Christ of God. But factions and groupings you have now and still doing, is not from God. Actually, it is a sign of being a loser because how come one of you is greater than the other since both of you (Catholics and non-Catholics) are believers of that same Jesus Christ? 

Edited by reyb

you see wrong

Did you confess your sins against God that you are up to now an idolater and always an idolater 24/7?

Edited by reyb

Calling Jesus and idol?

This historical Jesus is an idol - an 'image of God' created by Wisdom of this world.

Edited by reyb

Reyb. It's very hard to talk to you seriously. I think I'm done with you. I will continue praying that God drags you out of your "through the looking glass" world and back to the real one, of men, women, children, and "Historical Jesus." I'll not respond further at least not anytime soon.

Jesus would so win American Idol...

Of course, you can make fun of it. But do you think it is a funny thing to dishonor the law of God? You are really not aware of it. I must admit, although you always violating the law of God unintentionally but still you can test yourself if you are not deceiving yourself. 

Reyb. It's very hard to talk to you seriously. I think I'm done with you. I will continue praying that God drags you out of your "through the looking glass" world and back to the real one, of men, women, children, and "Historical Jesus." I'll not respond further at least not anytime soon.

It is okay. Thank you for your concern and prayers.